Post your five favourite photos of 2011. Tell us why you like them. It could just be you like the pic or it could be more personal or of great meaning to you. The only rule is that you have to have been the one who took them, and there must be at least one of you.
Here are mine:
1. Not motorcycle related. Celebrating New Year in Germany with my bestest ever girlfriends Big & Uli. We travel through thick and thin (German Proverb: Staying together, no matter what!). These ladies have a special place in my heart.2. Another one not taken by me, but with me in it. This picture was taken on a cold and wintry day in Calgary, the day we became Canadians, eh!
3. A happy day for me! My spousal unit goes two-wheels! Couples that play together, stay together.
4. I have been riding solo most of the time, but never dared to stray far from home. This summer I did the Lillooet Loop, my first >500km solo trip.
5. Vacation time! Mono Lake, California. A weird and quiet place, tingling my passion for geology.
I had to go through almost 5,000 photos. There were heaps of pictures with people and places, memories and vistas, and lots of them memorable, important, stunning or lovely. But above selection means the most to me this year. Thanks, mate for bringing out the best memories of 2011.

Fantastic Sonja, it must of been hard for you to choose. Love the first pic, true friends are hard to find...and you spend a life time keeping them.
ReplyDeleteWow, your spousal unit is taller than a Mounty!
ReplyDelete@Raftnn: And for true friends distance doesn't mean a thing. When we meet it is like we parted only yesterday.
ReplyDelete@Nikos: You bet. And he would easily fit on a R1200GS or Tiger Explorer 1200, but he loves his lil' red scooter.
All good pictures, but I liked your spousal unit picture and the one that followed that picture best!
ReplyDeletedom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
Beautiful pictures Sonja. Good choices. I like the one of you two becoming Canadian.
ReplyDelete@Charlie6: Thanks, the scooter pic is my absolute favourite, too.
ReplyDelete@Trobairitz: This was a very special day, and we are very proud of it.
Great pics. They all have some special memories. Really like the friends, Canadians and spousal unit. Good selection.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of friends, family, scoots and accomplishments 'eh, congrats!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like it may be the theme amongst many of us bloggers.
Great pictures! Congratulations on becoming a Canuck! I think I need to take the five fave challenge. Great idea and great post.
ReplyDelete@BeemerGirl: Thank you, they are really special to me.
ReplyDelete@Troubadour: Yep, not all is about motorcycling even amongst us Moto-Bloggers. People are as important.
@Dar: Proud Canadians we are! One of the bestest citizenships in the world ;-)
Fantastic photos Sonja. True friends are for life - wonderful! Congrats again on your citizenship. Having gone through a similar ceremony, we know just how special it is.
ReplyDeleteAll great photos but I'd like to add a 6th of yours - your Harley all alone in the car park. That really resonated with me; an outstanding photo.
@Geoff James: You are most probably right, that picture is also very special to me... it was so hard to pic the right one ;-)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of important things, friends, citizenship, loved ones and beautiful places. I loved the area around Mono Lake too.
ReplyDelete