It was a big day! An important day, and one of the best days in my life!
I am not an Expat anymore. My Permanent Residency Card has been taken away, and replaced with something much better!
As of today I am a proud cititzen of one of the greatest and awesomest countries in the world. Thank you Canada!
Life is indeed good!
Well done, welcome to the colonies! My partner who was orignally from China is now a Kiwi......it was very exciting. So we know how you feel. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteAs already said: Congratulations! Absolutely awesome!
ReplyDeleteSonjaM:
ReplyDeletecongratulations ! we have to celebrate with a beverage or two, soon
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Wow, that's is so cool! Congratulations!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteBig Al
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! Please tip a beverage for me, because I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete-Lori
(Apparently the computer gods think it should be Tequila as the code today is whormses.)
Beauty eh and congratulations my fellow Canuck.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Sonja!
ReplyDeleteHaving spent 25 years in the 'Great White North' I understand the allure. I love Canada, heck I even married a Canadian. Best thing I ever did too.
Way to go Sonja, we're happy for you. And now you can vote!
Congratulations Sonja and I wish you all the best for the future.
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean that you will be trading down to a colonial British bike such as a Royal Enfield or a Triumph sometime soon?
xsN
Congrats, I know how you feel as I too become a citizen of the "greatest and awesomest country" in the world quite a few years ago already ;-)
ReplyDeleteHa ha.....
Congratulations, and welcome!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - that's so cool! Know exactly how you feel, having gone through the same process a few years after arriving in NZ. That's so neat.
ReplyDeleteDid you have to get a 100% pass on 1000 ice hockey questions as part of the citizenship requirement?
Thanks, y'all! It is a huge privilege to belong to the people of the great white tundra. Also, I am proud to be able to keep my German Citizenship, so I am official a German-Canadian.
ReplyDeleteThis addition to my heritage requires now that I ride motorcycles of the British Commonwealth, but I am not sure how to break the news to my significant other...
I'm tardy in my congratulations, but that does not make them less heart-felt.
ReplyDeleteWell done, indeed!
~k
Dear Sonja:
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being embraced, and in embracing, your new country.
Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad
Twisted Roads
Many congratulations Sonja. We are almost related now! You know have a tough decision.... I suggest a Triumph, or a Norton, or a Royal Enfeild, how aboy a Triton, a Douglas, perhaps a BSA, or how about an AJS? The list goes on....
ReplyDeleteFabulous Sonja! I've got to agree with you - it's a great place to call home and there's a beautiful ride around every bend.
ReplyDeleteMy very best congratulations Sonja on joining the ranks of a great Country and its People...
ReplyDeleteGuys I am so happy. Now I only need the passport quickly to be able to leave and more important be able to re-enter the country. Thanks for all your comments.
ReplyDelete