Good bye, Auckland!
Now I am staying with friends in their basement for another week while waiting for my stuff to arrive from Calgary. After a quick power nap I met with my landlord and got the keys for my new apartment in Port Moody. The underground parking lot that comes with it is big enough for one car and two motorcycles! And there was actually a Honda two-wheeler parked just left of my spot. I take that as a good sign. Afterwards I did some grocery shopping, and finally called it a day.
Looking forward to move into my new place and actually have a real place that I can call home.
And praying that the company won't send me back too soon... Winter is coming soon to New Zealand, and the house that I was staying in didn't have a decent heating system (except you would find plugging in an oil heater decent...)


SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteWelcome back home to Vancouver. Weather is warming up nicely. It will be summer soon.
I know the feeling. Nice to get away, but nice to be back. You can only live out of a suitcase for so long
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Welcome home, Sonja. I think that feeling of arriving "home" must be a universal experience. Time to find two more wheels to fill out your allotted parking space -:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your adventure. May you find serenity in your new home.
ReplyDeleteSonjaM:
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that BMW days are Friday, April 23rd at PacificYamahaBMW.com
Here's hoping that you found your next bike there. Only 2 more sleeps
bob
Wet Coast Scootin
Well, it isn't Auckland, but I'm sure you'll love your new home in Vancouver.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that we weren't able to say hello this time around Sonja. Next time you come down this way, we'll make it happen!
ReplyDelete@Bob: We both know that BC is 'the best place on Earth', right?
ReplyDelete@Chuck: Working on filling the empty lot...
@Bob again: I have booked a G650 for tomorrow.
@Canajun: Vancouver can certainly keep up with Auckland, despite the rain.
@Geoff: There will be a next time. Not sure when, but I will certainly give you a heads-up when it is happening.
SonjaM:
ReplyDeletewell . . . what happened with the G650 ?
Is it sitting in your empty parking space ?
bob
Wet Coast Scootin