Pages

September 23, 2010

Carpe Lucem

Seize the light. Wednesdays are never good riding days for me since I have to attend regular Skype conferences with Europe, and the Asian-Pacific region in the evening.
But with the prospect of seven days of rain (or more) I simply didn't care if I would make it on time,
and headed out to Harris Landing at Fraser River.
The waterfront parkland is part of the Pitt River Regional Greenway and follows Fraser and Pitt River dykes. Besides walking and cycling it is also a nice spot for wild life watching. No bears but birds, seal or muskrat can be seen in their natural habitat.
In the background Golden Ears Bridge is spanning Fraser River. In the wake of the opening of the new overpass in 2009 the Albion ferry which operated over 50 years became obsolete. I love ferries. Sometimes efficiency and technological progress suck.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful clouds! I take many pictures of clouds too. It's nice that you lived to work this evening and carped lucem and took some time for yourself. :)

    Maybe some day they will reopen the ferry as a tourist attraction for the people that would like to take life a little slower.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lousy weather forecast. Great weather for ducks though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wispy clouds in your first couple of photos are really beautiful. Then again, all I have been seeing the last couple of days is heavy, moisture laden dark clouds. Today, there were even some snow flurries. No fall colors though since there aren't any trees.

    Morning meetings and evening meetings leave all that time in the middle for riding...

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori: Clouds are fascinating. As a kid I used to see all kinds of things in the clouds, sometimes I still can see a dragon ;-)
    @Gary: I like my duck medium with mashed potatoes and green beans, please
    @Richard: Thank you! Remind me again what is snow? I wish I would have 'the middle of the day' but it is more like work 8 to 5, plus tele conf at night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like our weather back East for the past few weeks.
    And I can relate to the global business dealings - someone is always working somewhere 24/7 but for some reason they never want to call you at 4:00 AM their time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. carpe lucem, I like that! I've learned the hard way to stop when you see something lit with the right lighting, it won't be same on the way back....

    Redleg's Rides

    ReplyDelete
  7. After today we're supposed to have a run of nice weather again. I guess I just assumed all of the northwest would be the same. That's too bad about the ferry. Sure a big modern bridge will keep the traffic moving, but it's a shame to close the ferry.

    Very nice photos of the sunset, really lovely lighting.

    ReplyDelete