Pages

March 18, 2013

All in a Day's Work (West Vancouver)

 Drive up Cypress Mountain for a nice view
 on downtown Vancouver.
 Then head back down to sea level and grab a coffee in Horseshoe Bay.
 Sit in the sun in Whytecliff Park
 and enjoy the view.
 Go to the pier in Dundarave Village
 for a walk and some beach combing.
 Grab a bite to eat at the Beachhouse.
Admire the German Friendship Globe, as it floats on water, 2.5 tons and all.
The world is my oyster today.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Sonja - hope to see a little of it next year although we really need to put some thought into seeing whether we can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a challenge to plan that far ahead. But it would be great if it happened...

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous day out, Sonja!! Love to see the strata in the snow. And that sky, though you both are bundled, show such promise of warm weather to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly looked warmer than it was, but at least it was sunny.

      Delete
  3. All this was in a day's work!? Boy do I have the wrong job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was lot of walking involved, I'd call that work ;-) Living in BC always makes me think of vacation... every day...

      Delete
  4. Great pictures Sonja. It looks cold, but I bet you were glad for the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you betcha, the wind was quite nasty and really cold. We had barely more than 5C.

      Delete
  5. Sonja - beautiful pictures! What a spectacular day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning images! What a lovely day to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the diversity. We've not had very much sun so far this year and it is good to be reminded what it looks like.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pics SonjaM! I like the ones of Horseshoe Bay best.

    Redleg's Rides

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonja:

    I love the Cypress Lookout. Sometimes during the Summer I go up there and just sit on the rock wall. Plus you know my other favourite place on the rock in Pilot Cove. There are benches there for you to sit too and just watch the water flow by

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post Sonja. I've said it before, you live in a wonderful part of the world but you also show it off so well. Thanks for sharing it always :)

    I've been sitting round all this week doing nothing .. now I want to go for a ride to find something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular scenery Sonja ... I want to work like that.

    ReplyDelete