Pages

November 30, 2013

One Last Ride!

The temperatures barely reached 5C (40F) in November. If it hadn't rained it had been foggy and damp, and with the humidity came the frost and the slippery roads. Recent rainfalls in the valley have turned into snow on the surrounding hills. Winter is definitely on its way!
The riding time for my Sportster has come to its inevitable end for 2013. I am not going to take the risk to have it baked in salt and dirt. Since getting my Harley street legal five weeks ago I have clocked about 400km. Given the time of the year, I'd say that isn't too bad.
Now the bike will be stowed away until March. Meanwhile we are considering putting winter tires on our scooters because we will want to ride in winter as long as the weather is fair and the roads clear.

By the way this is what we found up in the hills same day in the afternoon...

***

Ein letzter Ausritt in November
Der November war kalt und regnerisch, auch heute gab es wieder nur maximal fünf Grad Celsius und leichten Nieselregen. Macht nix, ich fuhr trotzdem noch einmal um den Block. Denn nun ist es Zeit, die Harley einzumotten. Ich habe keine Lust, mir all die schönen Chromteile mit Salz und Split zu ruinieren. Immerhin habe ich seit dem Segen vom Amt knapp 400 km auf der Sportster abgespult. Nicht schlecht, wenn man (Frau) bedenkt, dass ich sie erst vor fünf Wochen abgeholt habe, und das Wetter doch eher ungemütlich war.

11 comments:

  1. I am eager to see winter photos from your new home. Beautiful opportunities for more beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you wish, pics are underway on our other blog.

      Delete
  2. Good thing you have the scooters for winter riding. Will keep you from going stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha, Brandy. As long as the valley is snow free there will be riding.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous area and oh the agony of "pushing back winter" for "one more ride".

    I love the color of your scooter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I keep pushing but winter now is pushing back...

      Delete
  4. About those winter tires on your scooters, will you be going same route as ScooterintheSticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve in the Sticks is definitely my role model when it comes to winter scootering. We'll see what kind of tires we can get over here. Given that it's the law, there should be some choices...

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to the upcoming winter scooter trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your lovely wee scoots! I can hardly wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geniale Fotos - wie aus einem Werbeprospekt für Harley!

    ReplyDelete