Pages

December 26, 2014

Friendly Encounters I

A bit of a private person by nature (being German and all...) I started my moto blog as a diary for my two-wheeled adventures, by no means considering to use it as a communication device to get in contact with the rest of the virtual (moto blogger) world. Who would be interested in this anyway?

Besides, I didn't know any other riders except for Guido, the guy responsible for getting me back into motorcycling. Thanks, my friend. I'll never forget this.

2009 Riding with Guido in California

Things changed, when I moved to the we(s)t coast. Bobskoot came into my life and put an end to my solitary blogging as well as to my solo rides by adding an essential ingredient: Let's go for a ride and meet actual people. He introduced me to the local two-wheeled crowds. Later Bob made it his mission to meet other moto bloggers and dragged me along for the ride. Thank you, Bob, and you moto bloggers out there for making these occasional meet-ups possible. And this is how the story began... meeting the pink Croc man. After this many more encounters ensued...

Freundliche Begegnungen I
Grundsätzlich bin ich eher zurückhaltend (gewesen), wie wir Deutschen eben so sind. Außer meinem Kumpel Guido, der mich zum Wiedereinsteiger in die Motorradwelt gemacht hatte, kannte ich keine anderen ZweiradfahrerInnen. Vielen Dank auch noch, Guido! 
Meinen Motorrad-Blog hatte ich eher für mich als Tagebuch meiner Zweirad-Erlebnisse angefangen, aber nicht darüber nachgedacht, dass auch andere sich dafür interessieren könnten. Dann traf ich Bobskoot, welcher nach meinem Umzug an Kanadas Westküste meinen einsamen Ausritten erst einmal ein Ende setzte. Er nahm mich mit auf lokale Motorrad-Treffen und machte es zu unserer gemeinsamen Mission, andere Moto-Blogger zu treffen. Und so fing die Geschichte an... ich traf den Mann mit den rosa Crocs, und danach viel noch viele andere ...


2010 Bobskoot
2010 IMBC
Brad & Brandy, Kari from Oregon w/Bob
2010 Michael from Florida w/Bob
2011 Ursala & Marco from NZ
2011 Deb from Tasmania
2011 Meeting Gary for the first time w/Bob
2011 Chris from Minnesota 
2012 Meeting Roger and Geoff in NZ
2012 IMBC
Erik from Wisconsin, Brandy&Brad from Oregon,
Richard from Alaska, Karen from Ontario, w/Bob & Roland
2012 Dave from BC, David from Montreal w/Bob & Roland
2013 Dom from Colorado
2013 Jon in London, England
2013 Nikos in Edinburgh, Scotland
2013 Gary, this time in London, England
2014 Stars aligning: Meeting David from Montreal in Tuscany
2014 Nikos again, this time in Wiesbaden, Germany
2014 Meeting Gary again halfway into his tour to Faaker See

Looking forward to meeting you again in 2015.
Ride safe, be happy. Life is good!

8 comments:

  1. Bob may have introduced you to meeting fellow moto-bloggers, but you certainly have carried on doing this. I think you have traveling and meeting people in your blood. I saw some maps of the USA and the world a little while ago showing just how extensively you have travelled - it was impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary, I was lucky enough to be able to cover a lot of ground by traveling for professional reasons. But as a matter of fact I genuinely enjoy meeting new people and also meeting old friends again. And on top of that motorcycle riding is one fortunate way of getting in touch with people. Here's to 2015!

      Delete
  2. My, my - Roger and me in our pyjamas.... People will start talking about you Sonja!

    All the best to you and Roland for 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoff, and we all look like we had a rough night ;-)
      Best for you and Jennie for 2015, too.

      Delete
  3. So great to reminisce with all these photos. Bob loved to be social and get everyone together.

    Let's hope we still have a lot more meet ups without his insistence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, there should be something with Bob and the IMBC in mind in the future, don't you think? Brad has done the first step by creating that Moto Blogger group ;-)

      Delete
  4. Great to see everyone, I wish I had met Bob, we came close but things didn't turn out. I wish I had had the time to swing west on my return from Alaska and meet all of you. One day hopefully I will meet you in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, looking forward to this. By all means let us know when your travels lead you somewhere close to the Black Forest.

      Delete