I have had some balancing issues in the past which lead me to abandon motorcycling. I also stopped riding a bicycle, worried I might fall during a vertigo episode. A year or so I have not had any problems with my equilibrium and so I procured another two-wheeler, used but in good condition in order to rekindle a hobby I thought I had lost for good.
| pedal powered KTM trekking bike |
A first trip of a mere 30 clicks took us to Ladenburg, a medieval town at the banks of river Neckar and I am happy to report that I had no issues whatsoever. So I am looking forward to getting out more on two wheels now.
Along Neckar river
Well done Sonja, both for no issues and for getting back on two wheels! My e-mountain bike is on order but could be up to 2 months away due to international supply chain issues.
ReplyDeleteWell, Geoff if things work out I might upgrade to an e-bike, with the supply chain disruptions in these days I am just as happy to ride a used pedal powered bike.
Deleteoh wow, Fruehling ist bei Euch ja echt schon da!!! Bei uns schmilzt es grad wie verrueckt, aber Blaetter an den Aspen haben wir erst fruehestens Mitte Mai. Hab Spass mit dem neuen Fahrrad :-).
ReplyDeleteDer Frühling scheint immer früher zu starten. Gefühlt hatten wir noch nicht mal Winter. Ich hoffe, wir bekommen noch eine Regenzeit, der Wald ist viel zu trocken.
DeleteGratulation zu deinem Comeback auf zwei Rädern, das hast du gut gemacht und einmal mehr ganz tolle Bilder mitgebracht. Wir wünschen dir weiterhin gelungene Ausfahrten und viel Spass!
ReplyDeleteGruss vom Werner und Timi
Dankeschön, Werner. Ich schau mal, wie es läuft. Auf jeden Fall will ich auch gern mal wieder Fahrrad-Wandern.
DeleteNice to hear that two wheels are once again doable! Especially when you live in such a beautiful area. Time for the bike rack on the VW…
ReplyDeleteRack is on back order, plans are in the make, Richard.
DeleteReally nice pics as usual! Congrats on being able to be on two wheels again. Just think of all the increased distances you will be able to cover in the same amount of time now.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the distance to be covered, but I still like to roam on my feet though, Dom.
Delete