Pages

September 22, 2010

Capilano River Provincial Park

Only one and a half hours until sunset. Not much time to get anywhere (and back). So I rode straight to North Vancouver.
Capilano River Provincial Park offers mainly tourist traps such as the Capilano Suspension Bridge, or the Gondola ride up to Grouse Mountain.

But the area around the fresh water reservoir Capilano Lake and Cleveland Dam is lovely for a quick walk in the evening.

Since I was on the highway I couldn't stop to take a 4,000km celebration picture. Hence, this one taken a a few km later on Cypress Bowl Road to Cypress Mountain has to do.
With the sunset now at 7.15PM there is not much time left between work and ride. Far too soon there won't be any more week day rides. An hour after sunset and 130km later I arrived home safely.

3 comments:

  1. The dam picture is pretty cool. I've never had an opportunity to venture NW of Vancouver. It has always been either the destination or I passed by to the east. Very scenic and very green. Must have something to do with all the rain.

    Thank you.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the touch of sunlight on the top of the mountains - good timing for a lovely photo. On our visit to Whistler/Vancouver we made a stop at the Capilano suspension bridge.

    Nice evening ride report. I'm seeing more and more sunsets as everyone squeezes out the last bits of riding before fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your determination to squeeze every spare minute on two wheels Sonja - well done! Also excellent that you have such gorgeous scenery within easy reach of town.

    Are you sure the bears are settling down for winter and not looking for just one more tasty snack???

    ReplyDelete