Pages

September 16, 2010

Li'l Yellow Riding Hood

 Who's that I see ridin' in these woods?
Why, it's li'l Yellow Riding Hood.
 Hey there li'l Yellow Riding Hood,
You sure are looking good.
I don't think little big girls should
go riding in these spooky old woods alone.
What big eye you have.
The kind of eye that drive wolves mad.
So just to see that you don't get chased
I think I ought to ride with you for a ways.
(borrowed from the lyrics of Li'l Red Riding Hood - Ronald Blackwell)

Apologies for the bad quality of the pics... my li'l point and shoot camera doesn't do well with rain in the forest during dusk. 

I so needed my riding fix tonight. Of course it was raining, because it's the We(s)t Coast and summer is over, but I went anyway. My Scorpion jacket was still good for the temperatures, but useless as rain gear, this one I know now. 

I haven't seen the Big Bad Wolf, Grandma or any other rider for that matter.

13 comments:

  1. I spotted a few leaves on the third picture down - are the deciduous trees starting to shed already?

    I suppose the bears will start to get hungry soon. Li'l Yellow Riding Hood's rider better be careful about solo rides into the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! The pictures are still great, no matter how you feel about them. And the song is just...perfect! LOL.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. So rain does not put you off riding?
    Pleased to see it!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun post! And, please keep that "li'l point and shoot camera" busy. I love your eye.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Geoff: No worries about the bears, they should be well fed and prepared for hibernation right now. Haven't seen a bear's ass for a long time.
    @BeemerGirl: Thanks Lori. Sometimes one gets inspired by the weirest things ;-)
    @Nikos: I prefer dry over rain, but rain at the we(s)t coast has its own charm.
    @Circle Blue: Thanks, Keith, appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SonjaM:

    Can't you bump the ISO higher and see what happens ? Looks like Belcarra Park.

    We don't have many bears in town, but lots of coyotes and racoons to watch out for. We have some in the park a block away.

    Don't think of summer as being over, FALL is just beginning. No more heat and sweat

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bob: Pics have been taken at Belcarra and Buntzen Lake, indeed. Usually I see deer, and the odd coyote but never seen a bear here. Hope that we get some decent riding weather in the FALL. So far I was not impressed but at least there hasn't been a frost warning yet like they had in Calgary last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. Inspired by weird things, Me Too! I've done the exact same thing with the Playmates and their "Beep Beep" song..using the HD and Beemer. Keep it going! :) -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonja, I liked your adaptation of the song to your motorcycle....nice! We could sure use some of that rain here in Colorado!

    dom

    Redleg's Rides

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sonja

    I just found this amazing test report on youtube of your bike model - this guy could be the Greek equivalent of Jack Riepe!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpEtF4hTYs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sonja:

    I had no idea who Ronald Blackwell was, but I remembered hearing Sam The Sham and the Pharoahs singing this through a jukebox in a Jersey City bar, around 1965. I was 11.

    Neat idea to match these lyrics to your pictures. And the pictures fit very nicely.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack • reep • Toad
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics Sonja. Glad to see you are out in the rain. I've been a rain weenie lately. Still need to test my Scorpion jacket and see how it does though and whether it is waterproof.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol - I decided to read one more blog before going to bed...now I'll have that song in my head all night long! :)

    Love the lyrics and the pics are great. They tell the story perfectly.

    ReplyDelete