Morning's at seven, all's right with the world. (Robert Browning).
I woke up early, left hubby at home (he was sound asleep anyway) for a quiet Sunday morning ride. As it was early I was kind of glad that the humming sound of the Vespa wouldn't disturb the morning hour. I could hear the birds sing while dawdling away.The weather was awful yesterday, it poured through the whole day, but it cleared the air, and cleaned the dusty roads.
Whenever I stroll along the inlet I feel blessed to have nature in front of my doorsteps.
Don't you love empty roads? I certainly appreciate not having any stupid cagers around, one more reason to seize the early hours of the day.
Reflections at Sasamat Lake, a trout fishing hot spot in the area.
The fog is giving way to the sun.
Pitt River area, our most favourite local ride.
With the dark clouds it reminded us a bit of Middle Earth.
Aren't we a lucky bunch?
Fabulous photos! The air is so clear, the sky beautifully blue, the wispy clouds burning off. You captured them well.
ReplyDelete-Lori
Wow, wow and more wow! All wonderful photos but the first one is really spectacular. Nothing like getting on the road early on a warm summers' day!
ReplyDeleteGreat post title too - loved that movie!
Loved your photos they are absolutely breath taking! What a wonderful ride. You are right about the grey it does seem very middle earth. I hope we get some sun soon, all of the drab is wearing out my soul.
ReplyDeleteWhat Geoff said. Wow.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are absolutely stunning – well done to you for capturing that beautiful scenery so well. And, for doing it so quietly!
really beautiful pics Sonja!
ReplyDeletedom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
That does look like middle earth. You didn't run into orcs obviously. Enjoyed the pics very much.
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Jim
As the others said, great photos. I like the light and the colors. I've never been to middle earth so can't comment on that ;-)
ReplyDeleteRichard
Beautiful photos! I love the last shot!
ReplyDeleteSergei
Simply breathtaking. You are blessed to live and ride in that gorgeous West coast landscape and very, very talented to be able to capture that beauty for us to enjoy. What a great post, Sonja. Made my day.
ReplyDelete@BeemerGirl: Thanks Lori, there is nothing better than clear skies after rain.
ReplyDelete@Geoff James: Geoff, my favourite time of the day, that is if I can get out of bed. It seems we like the same movie genre.
@ Dar: Yeah, the weather hasn’t been that good, it feels more like winter in New Zealand than summer in Canada ;-)
@Gary France: Gary, you are a master yourself, with all your gorgeous captures of sceneries. I just do snapshots, and sometimes get lucky. Not so quiet, if I were to do it on a Sporty…
@Charlie6: Thanks Dom, but doesn’t compare to your recent set of spectacular pictures.
@cpa3485: Hi Jim, it was too early for Orcs.
@RichardM: Richard, thanks. Even a snapshot can come out well, when you have the right light and scenery. You should travel downunder, and visit. You might like Middle Earth.
@Sergei Belski: Sergei, much appreciated, this coming from a pro.
@David Masse: David, your area has a lot of charm as well. Just think of the fall foliage, that’s something we don’t get here. But I have to admit that a love the mixture of the wild Pacific in my front yard, and untamed nature and mountains in my backyard.
Nice pictures Sonja. Must get back out the west coast one day to enjoy those fabulous mountain roads.
ReplyDeleteWow Sonja,
ReplyDeleteYour photos are stunning!
You're really getting good at this photography thing! Simply a pleasure to view.
Amazing scenery. What am I doing sitting here I need to get my butt over there.
ReplyDeleteWow, Sonja - these pics are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI've got to give Iron Chef a +1 :)