At Urban Wasp
Leaving the Vespa's in good hands with Will and Luis, the mechanics, we went on a quest for a good breakfast joint.To find a good breakfast restaurant in Vancouver is a challenge to say the least because most places just offer the plain boring ham-bacon-various eggs choices (if you can call that a choice that is), brown coloured water some dare to call coffee, and fruit out of the can on the side. Nothing to tingle my taste buds.
A weekend breakfast is a celebration for us, and we found most likely the best place in Vancouver downtown (Kits) for it: The Gypsy Rose Cafe.
Menu picture taken from here
The fruits on the side are fresh and hand-cut. I had a strawberry-banana crepe with whipped cream and hubby selected the eggplant-tomato-japaleno variation. Yummy!
To walk off the calories we strolled around in the neighbourhood, and came across a bookstore named Wanderlust. The name hints at a travel bookstore, and as reading and traveling (motorcycle or otherwise) are passions of mine, too it didn't take long and I had two books of Tuscany in my pocket.
On we went, until my better half was suddenly interested in a designer store... or more in what was displayed in front of it.
He must have had a Riepe moment.
At the waterfront we find a few properties worth killing for...
I can only imagine the price tag, probably more than I will ever earn in my life, this being downtown, and with this view:
to the left
and to the right
and with a park and a pond around...
A few hours later we returned to the shop and our Vespa's were ready to go, inspected and upgraded.
What a difference a fly screen makes. This little thing provides a lot protection from the wind, and the scooter in fact runs more stable.
Also, for Paolo a tres chic bag roll on top of a new chrome luggage rack,
while Bella inherited the Givi case, and got a high windscreen.
Set up for serious travels (around the block...)
Life is friggin' good!

What a way to spend a day! Vancouver is gorgeous - strong chance that we'll be there fleetingly in 2013.
ReplyDeleteIncidentally, I met a chap last week who is doing his IAM advanced riding course on a Vespa and it's handling everything perfectly. He's ridden nothing else for the last 3 decades!
@Geoff: Vancouver in summer is extra gorgeolicious. Although you hate it in rain, you fall in love with this city all over again once the sun is out.
ReplyDeletePlease make sure you tell me ahead of time, so I can make sure to be around when you are around. However, I hope to see you sooner than that...
The guy on the Vespa seems cool! It IS a fantastic vehicle indeed.
I would love to live with a view like that too! How beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove your new bag.... it looks good on her. Glad to see you and the hubby out riding and enjoying the day. I'm living virtually through my blogger pals right now... ride on!
@Lady Ridesalot: Thanks for stopping by, I hope that things are getting better and Harley's healing is making good progress.
ReplyDelete