Pages

September 04, 2011

Who says Summer is over?

Sun and summer temperatures all week, now that's the way I like it!
See you on the road!

Yours truly.

8 comments:

  1. Now that's worth celebrating! Taking the week off for a nice long haul somewhere?

    Is the classy eyeware a Harley farkle? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looking pretty good! Our forecast is for 3C to 14C and rain for the week. At least the temperatures will remain positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, I for one am glad summer is over, it was a delicious 55°F most of the morning here in the Denver Metro area and it made for great riding while doing errands on Yoshie.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Geoff James: Geoff, yes, this weekend will certainly involve some 'taking off', more on that later, and no, the glasses are some no name stuff, by luck matching my helmet ;-)

    @RichardM: At least the temps will remain positive? Brrrrr. I don't want to think about that part just yet.

    @Charlie6: These temperatures are just perfect for commuting and the occasional trip. We had a late start but it has been a fantastic summer for riding (and still is...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent all weekend riding pillion looking for 'my' motorcycle. I've looked at so many and have come close on a few. Right now I am thinking about a Yamaha Maxim 400, it's an older bike, but it is in mint condition. I looked at a vintage Honda 1967 Super Hawk 305, It was pretty awesome, but it needs a fair amount of TLC to bring it back to it's glory. I loved the beautiful tapered chrome exhaust pipes. If I knew what it might cost to restore it & it wasn't a fortune I would have bought it on the spot. It was such a great weekend full of riding. I hope Mr. Sun decides to stick around for awhile.

    Hope you were out tootling around on your bike/scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Gotta love this weather!
    We're having a mini-heat wave this week, but it takes all day to warm up then cools off in the evening so the heat is not too bad.

    Have a fantastic week of riding...or however long this weather lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dar: The Maxim is a sweet entry bike, and pretty lightweight. I often think about vintage bikes myself but I have neither the talent nor location to rebuild/restore one. Also I rather ride than tinker. Good luck with finding YOUR bike.

    @Bluekat: Kari, this is perfect, not too hot, and dry weather. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are having such beautiful weather. We are forecast to be in the 90's (30's C) all week. Man was it warm riding back into the valley from the coast yesterday.

    ReplyDelete