I am sorry but after a while they look all somewhat the same. Sometimes photos can't do the live action justice.
I have to admit that we were really lucky with the weather conditions. It was afternoon and we still got a crisp view. No haze, and the clouds made it picture perfect.
North Rim at the end of the rainbow.
Golden sunset.
What goes down, must come up: 6:30 AM sunrise at the rim (we were the only people there...).
Hence the somewhat crappy self portrait.
The air is not as clear as the day before, but it looks like another gorgeous day at the gorge.
Fantastic photos, looks like i'll have to put the grand canyon on my bucket list now.
ReplyDeleteIncredible Sonja! Another bucket list item. As always, thanks for the amazing photos.
ReplyDelete@Chillertek and Geoff: Thanks guys. So much to see so little time.
ReplyDeleteSonja:
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos as usual. You covered lot of ground. There is no wide angle lens that is wide enough.
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
@bobskoot: You know how it is when you're on the road... you want to see it all. The Grand Canyon cannot really be photographed, it has to be experienced.
ReplyDeleteWhat I remember most about the Grand Canyon was how difficult it was to capture the scale. Every picture I've taken from the south rim looked two dimensional. Almost like a painting. Your morning shots and the clouds really highlight the depth and scale of the canyon.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos (even the self portraits)
Richard
Looks amazingly wonderful, especially as what appears to be the complete absence of hoards of tourists!
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree with you about photos not doing stove to the beauty of the Grand Canyon. The canyon made me gasp when I first saw it. Sure there are a lot of tourists, but that is exactly what we all are when we go visit. I like the fact there are tourists there, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see it. I love your sunrise pictures with the sun making the rock turn red. Great photos again!
ReplyDelete@RichardM: Grand Canyon has to be lived, it cannot be captured on media. Many thanks!
ReplyDelete@Nikos: Hmmm... the postings must be producing an echo.
@Gary France: I had tears in my eyes the first time I saw the sun rise above the canyon. Thankfully you can always escape the tourist crowds by simply walking a few klicks. (Chances are though, that you will meet a few other European tourists...).