Road trip, baby! said the spousal unit,
and off we went to Wonderland.
from Sep 16 to Oct 1
14 days
14 days
7,000 km (4,400 mi.)
6 states
9 national parks
1,500 pictures
10 minutes of rain (in Death Valley no less)
10 minutes of rain (in Death Valley no less)
and unlimited fun
Roadside Attractions:
Lake Mead and Hoover Dam
Zion NP
Bryce NP
Capitol Reef NP
Arches NP
Canyonlands NP
Monument Valley
Four Corners
Grand Canyon NP
Lake Powell and Glen Canyon Dam
Route 66
Las Vegas
Death Valley NP
Mono Lake
Yosemite NP
Sequoia NP
Napa and Sonoma Valley
Highway 1


Wow. Sounds like an adventure. Did you go on four wheels, two wheels or wings? Can't wait to hear your stories and see the pictures.
ReplyDeleteIt was a brilliant trip. The only downside... the vehicle had to be a car... a reliable but ugly and plain boring, however somewhat fuel efficient Chevrolet Malibu.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like one hell of a great trip.
ReplyDeleteFabulous Sonja - you do get about. Very nice indeed - rather jealous!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you posting - Rog and I were worried that something was amiss.
Geoff, no worries. It was just the lack of regular internet access. Besides I left my computer at home to see if I can still 'live' without it ;-)
ReplyDeleteOnly curry wurst would have made it a better trip!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see more! So many places from my past and I want to see them again! Hope you had great fun, even with four wheels.
ReplyDeleteSo many places that I remember visiting. Looking forward to the pictures.
ReplyDeleteRichard
P.S. Captcha is diner
I have a lot of catching up to do by reading many posts on a lot of blogs. I looked at the trip you recently took and remembered many of the places you went to with many fond memories. The list of the places you went to see include many of my favourites from my trip across the USA last year. in fact, if I had to write a list of the best places I went to, it would look a lot like you list. Going to read some of your other trip posts now.....
ReplyDelete