Pages

February 18, 2014

Like-minded People

New Zealand, South Island - Photo: courtesy Gorgeous Stella
Did I fool you? No it's not us on Bella and Alonzo. When browsing the Modern Vespa Forum I came across a posting from a Kiwi couple from Napier (North Island) who lived a Vespista's dream… (for insiders: they run under the aliases Owie and Gorgeous Stella). Here is their ride report from their Christmas trip to the South Island:
Please take a closer look at the scooter's colour scheme. The couple certainly has a very specific taste, quite similar to our own. I wish we could travel down under, and take with Alonzo and Bella for an extended visit of both, the North and the South island. Wouldn't that be something? One can dream…

***

Doppelgänger
Na, konnte ich Euch in die Irre führen? Im Modern Vespa Forum fand ich neulich ein Posting von einem Paar Vespa Reitern aus Neuseeland, die genau die gleichen Rollerfarben fahren, wie wir. Ein Zeichen guten Geschmacks! Es hätte schon etwas, mit Bella und Alonzo auf den Straßen auf der anderen Seite der Welt zu fahren… der Mensch muss ja Träume haben.

12 comments:

  1. Oh ja, man könnte glatt meinen, Bella und Alonzo. Sehr gute Farbwahl, seeeehr gute Farbwahl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicht wahr? Wir haben Doppelgänger!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, your Vespa dopplegangers. How cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true? First I thought I must be living a secret life in another dimension...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this Sonja! What a lovely trip, people have no idea the great travelling ability of scooters and the range they have. I particularly love the orange scooters, totally partial to that colour. Hmmm maybe Alonzo and Bella are going to have to go on a journey to meet their scooter friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, wouldn't that be great, bringing our Vespas down under to meet their "siblings"?

      Delete
  4. Sonja ... I think now a trip down under is meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it but it might be a couple of years before I get their again (alas, I don't have the perks of working for a Kiwi company anymore).

      Delete
  5. It's spooky how much that looked like a photo of you guys at first .. then the L plate looked wrong.

    It's a sign I'm sure of it .. you are meant to visit down under!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And packing camping gear as well, pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that amazing? A Vespa seems to be quite the mule to carry all this stuff.

      Delete