This year we are starting off early with our good resolutions for the New Year because matter-of-factly 2015 has been a year of underachievement with regards to fitness.
Ok, our activity curriculum contained of some hiking, walking and bicycling, but not as much as we had planned to do, because we were partly thrown off the track by health issues, work schedules and, we dare name it: pure and simple laziness.
This is going to change. We did our first 10k run today... and survived. Ok, it is not a marathon, but given our current fitness level we call this an achievement. Let's see where this path will lead us.
I used to, back when I was not so "aged" and was more motivated, run 10 Km runs for fun (and the t-shirt).....now, not so much. Cause: Laziness.
ReplyDeleteGood for you two to keep trying.....
Dom, we can do without the T-Shirt but we certainly like the achievement, and no sore muscles today, yay!
Deleteready for the half-marathon then!
DeleteCongratulations on the 10K! Now on to the half-marathon?
ReplyDeleteRichard, for me that is indeed the next milestone. I guess I could do a 20k run by Christmas, if the weather plays along, or maybe I'll get faster on the 10k first.
Delete10k is a great achievement, congrats! Andreas and I have to tune it up, too next year, some pounds have to go after 4 weeks of Germany. But I'm proud as well, my fitness level increased through a lot of hiking. A year ago I thought I would die with only 150m elevation gain :-).
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Christmas and keep up with the running!
Good luck. I have to admit the beginning was difficult and we still fight the inner sloth, den inneren Schweinehund - as we Germans say. Good luck but don't expect weight loss miracles. I gained weight but turned fat into muscle...
DeleteThe fact you can run 10k indicates a reasonable level of fitness! I doubt whether I could walk that far...
ReplyDeleteIt's quite alright but you know, we were in bad shape, Nick. I hope we keep pulling through... but man is weak...
DeleteGood for you two. I think we've been channeling each other fitness-wise. Not as much exercise as we'd like this year.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed doing the 5ks with SpartanBabe, but my lungs don't appreciate it much. I do much better with a fast walk the same distance.
Good luck Sonja and thanks for the encouragement! :)
ReplyDeleteI still can't endorse hammering joints, but I do like walking very much. Winter walking in subzero isn't fun, but I have to figure out something. At least my diet changed from too heavy foods in winter. That was killing me. Congratulations on your efforts and accomplishments! I predict good things will come of it.
ReplyDelete