We only get one run at life so might as well have fun on the way. (Geoff James)
November 07, 2016
Too soon?
Today's 'lunch walk' had a nice surprise in store. In the morning it had snow-rained in the valley, producing some seasonal white stuff in the higher regions, and two weeks earlier than last year. For some reason the first snow always gets me excited, a notion that usually becomes less and less as the winter progresses, but never mind. I would love to do some trail running, but hard impact sport is still on my no-go list for now. So I am going to take it soft and slow. Never had I imagined that one could actually develop a craving for running and mountain biking...
Mein heutiger Mittagsspaziergang bot eine nette Überraschung. Es hatte am Morgen Schneeregen gegeben, welcher in den höheren Regionen als Schnee liegen geblieben war, zwei Wochen früher als im letzten Jahr. Irgendwie finde ich den ersten Schnee immer aufregend, auch wenn dieses Gefühl normalerweise nach und nach verschwindet je länger so ein Winter dauert. Aber egal! Am liebsten würde ich jetzt eine Runde querfeldein joggen, aber harte Erschütterungen stehen bei mir immer noch auf der Verbotsliste, also geht es auch weiterhin langsam und sanft voran. Ich hätte niemals gedacht, dass ich einmal so etwas wie Sehnsucht nach Jogging oder Mountainbiking entwickeln könnte...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome photos! Can't believe how cold it is getting out!
ReplyDeleteScarlett
Thanks, Melinda.
DeleteBeautiful photos! The first snow always looks and feels that way. As far as that craving, maybe you need to get that checked out. It sounds bad...
ReplyDeleteNo, no RichardM, I am going to embrace this feeling...
DeleteGorgeous photos Sonja. I always enjoyed the first few snowfalls of the season, it was the ones piling up after a few months that would get to me. We used to love long walks in the fresh snow when we lived in Penticton.
ReplyDeleteI like my snow in small doses, Brandy ;-)
DeleteA good walk in the snow or a hike even sounds nice. However, back when in Manitoba, I got a snow allergy...
Really nice shots SonjaM! No snow yet here in the Front Range....
ReplyDeleteThank you, Dom. Isn't it about time you get some?
DeleteSonja, we had our first snow, but it was a tease. The temperature jumped again for a bit ... I know it's coming. Glad you are on the road again.
ReplyDeleteI have noticed that Ontario had a pretty good long summer, Karen. Hope the mild weather will last you for a while. You'll get your pile soon enough.
DeleteOMG! So stunning. I'm not a fan of snow but these are so pretty. Want to run, hike, ride there! 💕
ReplyDeleteThanks Kari, as a matter of fact I thought of you when I saw the snowy trails...
DeleteOh, ich war gestern im Siegerland unterwegs und da hat es auch geschneit. Unglaublich.
ReplyDeleteJa krass, näää!? Man will sich einfach bewegen. S. o.*
*unglaublich :-)
Nee....bei dem Wetter will ich mich nicht bewegen. Und wenn nur vom Bett aufs Sofa...bähwetter sowas...
DeleteIrina hat Recht, Marcus... wir Frauen sind da unglaublich willensstark, was Bewegung angeht (hüstel).
DeleteBeautiful! I could actually feel the crisp cold air and smell the pines.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing well!
Thanks Deb, getting better every day now (meaning I gotta get back to work).
DeleteSonja I forgive you for mentioning the unmentionable because your photos make it look like such a wonderful mysterious and delightful thing. Which of course it is, but we still have some very nice riding weather here, against all odds. November is so far behaving like mid-September with the added plus of glorious fall colour. That's why I am making like an Egyptian and living on the banks of denial, to ward of the banks of that white stuff you shared.
ReplyDeleteWell, thank you David. The weather pattern in your neck of the woods seem very odd given the time of the year. So by all means, get out and ride as long as you can, and show us some more of the eclectic side of Toronto.
DeleteServus Sonja,
ReplyDeleteuns hat der Schnee bisher verschont. Zum Glück. Bild Nr 3 aus deinem Post ist einfach nur der Hammer. Oder wie sagt die Jugend von heute: Mega!
Gruss aus R,
Tom
Hi Tom, danke Dir. Ich hatte echt Glück mit dem Lichteinfall und den Finger am Drücker...
Deletelove the snow photos!
ReplyDeleteDanke, Yvonne. I guess we'll soon see some of your's too.
Delete