Pages

October 14, 2017

Runny nose instead of running feet... Statt Waldlauf gab's 'ne laufende Nase.

Our Austrian adventure (Oct 9 to 14): The six hour trip to the Austrian state of Styria was uneventful albeit very rainy. Not very promising to begin with but the weather forecast sounded optimistic, and so were we.

Unser Österreich Urlaub (9. bis 14. Okt.): Die sechs Stunden Autofahrt in die Steiermark verlief stressfrei, obwohl es ziemlich verregnet war. Das konnte ja heiter werden... die Wettervorhersage versprach in der Tat Besserung.




My better half meant well, when he opted for this all inclusive spa accommodation for our long weekend getaway. Besides the obligatory pool, the sauna, a gym, an E-Bike rental, health coaching, aroma therapy and massages the stay included an all morning breakfast buffet, an afternoon tea (or coffee), a five-course menu at dinner time, and a wine tasting, too. It was a lovely place indeed, and we got a fantastic room on the top floor with an awesome view to boot. It was perfect...

Meine bessere Hälfte hatte es wirklich gut gemeint, als er dieses Alles-Inklusive Wellness Hotel für unser verlängertes Wochenende aussuchte. Dort wurde neben dem Schwimmbad, der Sauna, dem Fitnessraum, einem E-Bike Verleih, dem Fitnesstrainer, Aroma-Therapie und Massagen auch noch ein allmorgendliches Frühstücksbüffet, ein nachmittägliches Kaffee- (oder Tee-)Kränzchen sowie ein exklusives Fünf-Gänge-Menü zum Abendessen und Weinproben geboten. Oben drauf gab es noch ein wunderschönes Zimmer unterm Dach mit einem tollen Ausblick. Da konnte ja nichts mehr schief gehen...



Rainbow on Arrival - Bei der Ankunft gab's 'nen Regenbogen.

What he didn't (and neither did I) factor in was the circumstance of me pretty much getting sick with the flu on arrival. So, while he got to do all the fancy things, I was at times reduced to staying in bed, involving a fair bit of sleeping, some reading, and a lot of sulking, headaches, stuffed nose and all. But hey, it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I was able to manage a few of the easier hikes in the area while we were on location, so please stay tuned.

Was er (und ich auch nicht) einkalkuliert hatte, war allerdings der Umstand, dass ich sozusagen bei Ankunft von der gemeinen Rüsselpest (fiebrige Erkältung) heimgesucht wurde. Während er also diese ganzen tollen Angebote in Anspruch nehmen konnte, musste ich mich damit begnügen, zumindest teilweise das Bett zu hüten, und die Zeit mit Schlafen, Lesen und Schmollen zu verbringen. Viel mehr gab meine verstopfte Nase und die Kopfweh nicht her. Aber tatsächlich war es nicht so schlimm, wie es sich vielleicht anhört. Ein paar leichtere Wanderungen waren dann doch noch möglich, während wir schon in der Gegend waren, also bitte dranbleiben.


Spacious room - sehr geräumig
A room with a view - Zimmer mit Aussicht

10 comments:

  1. Too bad about getting sick - hope you feel better soon. But I am envious of all the fantastic getaway locations so close to where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, feeling better already (now that I am back home...). While you may be envious of the region where I live, I still think of Canada, and envy you for the unique fall foliage, David.

      Delete
  2. Bummer about the flu...am sure Roland represented you well at all the fun stuff you missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a bit of a setback, Dom. I had planned many activities including trying out e-bikes but it was not to be.

      Delete
  3. I hope you are feeling better now. I am glad you got out for a few hikes though. It looks like a lovely area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy, the symptoms have receded, and I am better but it was a pity that I couldn't do all the things I had planned.

      Delete
  4. Liebe Sonja,
    och nööööö, näääää!? So ein mistiger Mist mit der Rüsselpest. Ja, ich bleibe dran, wenn auch mit etwas Abstand. Gute Besserung.
    Viele Grüße,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön, Irina. Jetzt, wo es bald wieder an die Arbeit geht, bin ich (fast) schon wieder auf dem Damm...

      Delete
  5. welch huebsches Zimmer - und wie aergerlich mit der Erkaeltung :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wem sagst Du das, da hat man schon sowas gebucht und das sowas...

      Delete