Pages

October 26, 2020

Indian Summer

Not sure if the expression in the title is politically correct but Germans will know that it means the fall foliage. Our autumn may not be as colourful as in the Eastern part of the US or Canada but I am not complaining.

Ich bin mir zwar nicht sicher, ob der Ausdruck im Titel noch politisch korrekt ist, aber jeder Deutsche (m,w,d) weiß, dass damit die Herbstfärbung des Laubes gemeint ist. Vielleicht ist unser Herbst nicht so spektakulär farbenfroh wie im Osten Nordamerikas, aber ich will mich nicht beklagen.


Wachenburg




Windeck



Weinheim

















View towards Castle Windeck














10 comments:

  1. Nice fall colors! And I like the tower and other stone buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Richard. Especially when the sun is out...

      Delete
  2. Really nice set of pics SonjaM, I liked the yellow leaves against the stone wall best. I didn't think using Indian Summer was incorrect.....but then again, people take offense at anything these day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People take offence at anything...

      Word!

      Delete
  3. Sonja, we use Indian Summer too! Just lovely photos. Is that your new home town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's all good then, Geoff. It's indeed nearby our new home.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, I especially like the photo of Weinheim from the high vantage point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice spot for a hike. Colours are certainly not as brilliant as here but, if I'm not mistaken, you don't have the sugar maples that give us those brights reds and oranges. Still nice tho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. herrlich bunt und erst all die alten Gemaeuer, soooo schoen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herrlich....nicht nur die Fotos und was Du geschrieben hast, aber der Gedanke, dass "Indian Summer" evt. nicht mehr politisch Korrekt sein koennte...nee, daran hab ich ueberhaupt noch nicht gedacht!

    Schoen zu sehen, dass es Euch gut geht und ich wuensche erstmal einen schoenen Sonntag
    viele liebe Gruesse von ueber'm Teich
    ela

    ReplyDelete