Pages

January 25, 2010

Amazing Snow Ride


Winter in Finland - Way to Home from -W- on Vimeo.

A good reason, why I need an Enduro Bike... I would love to try this. Headed back again to Winnipeg now, where they have a blizzard warning in effect. Great! I am thinking: Three weeks down... three more to go.

9 comments:

  1. Amazing is right! I'm surprised the sidestand held the bike up on the snow. Yes, I know it was 22.5 below, but still ...

    Hope you don't run into conditions like that in Winnipeg! I heard spring will be here in a few months .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done video! thanks for the link.

    Gives me some ideas but first I'll have to get a better camera or a cold-resistant "monkey" to shoot the video as I ride by....

    Lovely music too....

    -22.5c, and people say I'm nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SonjaM:

    You are probably doing such a good job they will send you again next year. I was in Summerpeg once, and it was TOO hot and Winterpeg is TOO cold. Hope the 3 weeks go fast, REALLY FAST

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful and thanks for sharing it. I am very familiar with that kind of winter and am amazed anyone could ride a bike in it. I know it had to have been really cold because you could hear the snow squeak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you got me thinking - a couple of suitable bikes in the garage, a few sheet metals screws in the tires for traction, a frozen lake right outside my door..... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chuck... maybe it toppled over after he switched off the camera...
    @Charlie6: I thought of you when I first saw the clip
    @Bob: Oh no, sir. Let's not go there. My next assigment has to be in a warmer place.
    @komet: I can only imagine what the windchill temperature must have been.
    @Canajun: What are you waiting for? Go for it. Love to see you in action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonja, thanks for posting this video. Finland looks beautiful, and who needs skis when you can have an enduro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lance: Thanks for stopping by. I would always pefere a bike over skis...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice video Sonja! There you go... you can ride all year! Looks like fun but too cold for me.

    ReplyDelete