Pages

January 03, 2010

Our vintage bike still looks pretty, and so can you

While window-shopping in Palo Alto I discovered a fully restored 1946 Indian Chief in a very specific 'body shop'. I was so fascinated by the bike on display that I only noticed afterwards that the store was actually selling cosmetics and skin care products. To the sales lady's disappointment I was only interested in the motorcycle, not in their product line.

5 comments:

  1. It's always sad to see fully restored motorcycles sitting in a window. After all that work they should be out on the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonjaM:

    for a moment I thought that you purchased a 1946 Indian. Nice to look at but parts would be the deal breaker. Much better to buy a modern classic with FI and disk brakes, like the Bonnie

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Canajun: True words. I can only hope that they let them out on the road every once a while.
    @Bobskoot: Alas, I have neither the skills to ride nor the know-how to maintain this precious. But I like vintage bikes... that's why I am still drawn to the Bonnie like a moth to a flame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja, my brother in law restores Indians. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with him. I think he has about 15 or so in various states of restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chuck, if I only could, I would have a vintage bike for every day of the week... ;-)

    ReplyDelete