Source: custom-design by Daniel Delfour
What is it with me and the cafe racers? Only one quick glance, and my BMW plans get wiped out, and all I can think of is British bikes. This time it happened on Gary's
Motorcycle Blog, where I discovered a pic of a
TRITON. A Norton and Triumph combo, best of breed motorcycles combined.
SonjaM
ReplyDeleteSuch a dilemma when you are in the purchasing mood, and esp while bikeless. Perhaps a more vigorous plan of purchasing more Lotto tickets is in your future
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Looking at motorcycles when you don't currently have one is a bit like grocery shopping when you're hungry. EVERYTHING looks good.
ReplyDelete@Bobskoot: I don't believe in lottery tickets, I guess hard work will have to do the trick...
ReplyDelete@Canajun: That's what it is, this analogy fits perfectly.
Sonja,
ReplyDeleteDon't stray from the path of Teutonic enlightenment! Sure, those Brit bikes are easy on the eye....but then you'll not want to get them dirty by riding in all weather conditions! A 650GS on the other hand, looks good dirty or clean, will take you damn near anywhere and will survive the occasional "whoops" with hardly a scratch.
Then, there's the URALs......
Well, when you're looking at the menu, you might just as well dream! You'll find the right bike when the time comes. And of course there is always the next bike after this one -:)
ReplyDeleteSonja, come on, this bike is not cool. No way is it cool. It is SUB-ZERO! Beautifully photographed as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link :-)
The looking and thinking part is so much fun! The only problem is that during the process we don't actually have a bike. What a situation, eh?
ReplyDelete@Chuck: That's what I need to do for another while...
ReplyDelete@Gary: You are very welcome!
@Irondad: I just love window shopping. Even while in Winterpeg I check out the local motorcycle dealerships.
Sonja, I may have seen another cool bike that you might like. See the Ducati on the 4 March posting on my blog!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy.
Gary