Pages

February 07, 2010

Bye, bye, Baby!

Jan, the new owner, and I came to an agreement with regards to the damage on the ignition lock, and he drove all the way down from Edmonton today to pick up my Ladyhawk. It is a sad feeling to see her go... like one of your kids leaving home.
We had some good times together, the Hawk and me. She was patient and tolerant. She never let me down, and helped me gaining back my confidence in riding. I am going to miss her dearly.
The pic is showing me seven months ago on my first riding day in Canada.

3 comments:

  1. Sonja

    you reminded me of the day I swapped my Maria for the then "new to me" Natasha.....sad times and good times all mixed up together.

    hopefully you'll be riding soon enough on whatever replaces Ladyhawk, I am still hoping you select that 650GS! :)

    of course, one of Natasha's more modern cousins would be good for Winterpeg as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never sold a bike yet that I don't wish I'd kept. But then again, who can afford a 27-motorcycle stable?

    Pretty soon you'll be riding a new love of your life which will also find a way into your heart so that it's inevitable departure will be a sad occasion as well. Seems to be the way on two wheels.

    Good luck with the search for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A case of "Auf Wiedersehen Freund". Always a sad moment.

    ReplyDelete