They did it!
And I had to be there.
Something two-wheeler related thrown in:
The Scooter Fan Mobile.
It was crazy downtown. After spending two hours in the crowds, I needed my solitude and tranquility back. So, here's the view out of my New Westminster hotel window:The hosts provide complementary earplugs. I will be counting Sky-Trains instead of sheep tonight.
Nice view from your room.
ReplyDeleteI would think the sky train is pretty quiet? It is electric, I think ... but then so are the subway trains in NY and they can certainly make a bit of racket when passing by.
Even though I live close to Vancouver, I had no interest in braving the crowds for an Olympic visit. I'm more inclined to seek that quiet and solitude, too.
SonjaM:M
ReplyDeletewhy didn't you call me ? I was down at the cauldron too, then went to Ground Zero at Robson & Granville.
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
From what I've seen, Vancouver looks like a lovely place to visit via two wheels; it's on my list of "must-rides." I'm thinking of that after the BMW rally in Oregon this summer. I would guess that the Olympics will produce a boon in tourism.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've survived it all.
@Chuck: The train is crossing a bridge that produces quite a bit of noise. However, when one is used to being surrounded by forest, and living on the city outskirts, traffic noises can be somewhat annoying.
ReplyDelete@Bob: Call me stupid, I thought about it but I here I was thinking, naaa he's not getting there. Sorry, man. I'll make good, once I have everything settled.
@Sojourner: You can't go wrong with Vancouver. I wanted to live here, since I first visited the city about eight years ago. Let me know when you're around.
SonjaM:
ReplyDeletewe were across the street at the food fair under the Waterfront Hotel (across from Canada Place) until around 2:30pm. so we were only 1/2 hour (or so) apart.
"double hugs now"
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin