Pages

June 06, 2010

Grant Narrows in the morning

I followed the early call of the road and was soon headed towards the Grant Narrows Regional Park. It is a fairly small and flat marsh area surrounded by dykes to keep the water away, a place to find serenity, and a paradise for bird watchers. To get there one has to dodge water filled potholes, surround pits of loose gravel, avoid flattening a squirrel, and almost hit a bird or bat (well, it was some fairly small flying subject).
It looked like rain at 8 AM, but the weather is constantly improving.
Reflections
Objects in the mirror... well, no objects to be seen this time of the day...
Soon it was warming up. I unzipped the vents in my jacket, and opened the visor, and was happy to be able to spend the best time of the day in the saddle. I LOVE BC!

Today marks the first 1,000km after three weeks of ownership. So I gave Nella a wash and a refill of the best that the gas bar had to offer to celebrate this special event.
Nella after 1,000km

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sonja - I see you got the BMW - very nice, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first 1k and here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1000 km! That's awesome!
    No objects in the mirror except great scenery - now that is the perfect ride!

    ReplyDelete