Pages

August 11, 2010

After the rain

The rain cleared the air and made for some beautiful light at Pitt Lake.
The roads were empty except for the occasional school bus full of seasonal workers for the blueberry harvest. The area is popular for its 'organic' fruit, and I am wondering what 'un-organic' berries might look and taste like.
Pitt Lake is serene and lovely as usual. I never get tired of the view. This picture was taken from a wee bit shaky wildlife watch tower.
Pitt River reflections. Glad I could go out for a spin and watch the sunset. Some days are really special.
The deer warning signs were obviously put up for a reason. These ladies just crossed the street in front of me. I was traveling slow, and aware this encounter might happen, came to a safe stop, and could even grab the camera for a quick photo.

7 comments:

  1. You have a real talent for photography Sonja. Those sunset photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Geoff: Thanks, but I really just point and shot. Guess, I got somewhat lucky this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, absolutely beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sonja, you do have a "good eye" for composing the shots....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have been a lot quicker than those deer to be able to stop AND grab your camera and make that photo. Glad you heeded the signs and were cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Richard and Charlie6: Thanks so much guys.
    @ Chuck: I had my camera up my sleeve, I just had to drop, point and shoot. (I call this photographing western style...) Hence the pic is a bit blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some wonderful shots in this collection, Sonja. The first one is so beautiful, very ethereal.
    The second from last is also lovely. Great light and reflection.

    ReplyDelete