Pages

January 31, 2011

My reward for a busy week

After three weeks sans riding, Nella and I are back on the road, and although I didn't have her on a battery tender she started on the first push of the starter button. Good girl!
These farm roads are not very busy on a Winter Sunday.
Catching myself in the mirror.
Some barn porn. Being a city brat I always enjoy the picturesque scenery of farm land.
If if wouldn't be for yellow Nella, this picture would have been as pretty in black and white. A Thruxton would have gone nicely with a B/W shot in front of the barn...
View of clear blue skies and snow capped mountains. And yes, the gras is green, even in January.
Not being equipped with heated gear, the cold starts to set in, and it is time to return home. The wind gusts make the ride somewhat difficult, and it is really tough to keep a straight line.
Back home Nella says hi to her new neighbour.

Distance: 148km (92mi)
Weather: Sunny,  wind gust 39 km/h, 3C (37.4F)

*-*-*-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*-*

For Lori (beemergirl)
Thanks for the inspiration!

18 comments:

  1. Oh! Looks like a wonderful day! Those blue skies! I think you should make the one image B/W and just keep Nella a pretty yellow to stand out.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, glad you got out, looked like a great day, now about that Thruxton....tell us more....you are obviously thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BeemerGirl: Lori, you got it, you'll get a B/W with Nella in yellow for you.
    @Raftnn: Roger, the Thrux got stuck in my head, alas my better half demands: either - or. I can't have both, hence I will continue playing with Nella for a while.
    @Canajun: Yeah, I know, you are buried in snow. It sucks. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was chilly but otherwise a perfect day for a ride! I have to say that I generally prefer bike porn to barn porn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Sonja. I envy your clear blue skies. I'm commuting on the bike where possible here, but it's usually well sub-zero at the times I travel, and the car seems a cop-out, but a nice cop-out. Roll on Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the barn porn!
    B/W barn with yellow Nella - Awesome!

    I'm so glad you're getting some of this nice weather. I'm in heaven, all these sunny weather photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonja:

    What a wonderful post, not because of the bike content for once, but because of the barns - I LOVE barns - have quite a few photos of barns and always keep my eyes peeled for a good photo op!

    Ah well, time for beddy byes on the other side of the world - g'night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andrew: I am with you on that, alas there were more barns than bikes around ;-)
    @Richard: The blue skies are a welcome change for me as well, we don't get it that often this time of the year.
    @bluekat: Thanks Kari. I got lucky with the motives.
    @Geoff: Thanks so much, same here I like barns, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Thruxtons go well with everything...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous looking day and pics. I especially love the 4th one down with Nella and the barn.

    Nice to see the green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The last B/W image is great. I'm also a sucker for old barns. We don't have too many of them around here.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your header picture, yellow lettering, yellow bike on a B/W background. The wide angle just gives it that edge, beautiful. I'm envious of the blue sky and good weather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ken: exactly my saying!
    @Fuzzy: Thanks for stopping by. Grenn gras this time of the year... is awesome.
    @George: I know that you are suffering. Usually we get boatloads of rain, but that weekend it was just wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sonja:

    If you hadn't said it was winter, I woould have thought it was early May in these pictures. I almost wept looking at those salt and gravel free roads. The ground hog came out and decided we were going to get 6 more months of winter, or so it seems. How I envy you this ride.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack • reep • Toad
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jack Riepe: Poor Jack, I know it is hard surviving the winter. I recently returned from Calgary, and oh boy, the roads are buried in snirt (snow + dirt). No riding conditions at all. I am glad I escaped.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Barn porn"? I am totally stealing that saying. I love barns, too. I tell you we could be pals. :-)

    ReplyDelete