Meet, Paolo. He's a wee bit smaller in cc's than Bella, hence the name: Paolo, the little one.
The lady-ridden 2006 Vespa Granturismo 200 has 5,000k on the clock, and a few battle scars, but otherwise been kept in shipshape through regular maintenance at the other neighbourhood dealer.
Due to the cosmetic damage obtained by a reckless driver backing into the two-wheeler, kicking it over and fleeing the scene, the bike was very reasonably priced, and bonus: it came with a Givi top case (not cheap!).
Paolo was supposed to be hubby's training wheels but now it rather looks like I am getting it as a commuter (and winter) bike.
Traditionally the first ride (with any bike so far) would take us out to Buntzen Lake.
Alas, the lake is barricaded. BC Hydro is obviously still conducting repairs to the turbines of the hydro power station, leading to unusually high and dangerous water levels, flooding the beach and parts of the forest. This is as close as we get.
Next stop: Belcarra Regional Park, where we stroll along the shore and enjoy the view.
And every so often we think, it can't get better than this. Life is good!
Now with the stable growing my fellow traveler rented a second parking spot. And through my crystal ball I can see the potential to fill up the lot in the not so far away future.
I think I want a scooter now.
ReplyDeleteAs said before: Vespas are awesome and soooooo much fun! Love it!
ReplyDeleteIt's apparently a natural progression, first one scooter...then another. It's helping me in my plans to convince Martha to learn how to ride, she seems open to the idea of riding a scooter.
ReplyDeleteFirst, the basic rider course though.
Congrats on the addition of Paolo, methinks there's plenty of room in that parking sport for one more 650 or larger GS, just my opinion.
Dom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
Pretty nice! I almost picked up a scooter but the local dealers only stocked 49cc models. The retro look of the Vespa really makes them look cool.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having entirely too much fun. Congrats on the new purchases.
ReplyDeleteWow, and the stable grows again. Congratulations on your newest addition. What fun!
ReplyDeleteHere, Heather has bought a helmet. Hmmmm? Is something in store. I don't know, but it has my attention.
Will this mean twice the post and pictures?
~k
Cool. You are now a two-scooter household. Be careful Paolo and Bella don't breed if you leave them alone. You know what a reputation those Italian females have....
ReplyDeleteCosì bello
ReplyDelete(Amazing what I can do with google translate! lol)
This is so much fun! It's so cool you both have a scoot to ride, and what a great way to explore. And both together are just double the cuteness.
@Raftnn: Well, Roger... it is different, very much so.
ReplyDelete@Guido: When you guys are traveling up here, you may be allowed to play with them ;-)
@Charlie6: Dom, if I line up the current vehicles, there might be enough room for two or three more...
I hope that Martha is going to give it a whirl, and try out the riders course. Maybe she'll get the taste of it. I got Roland's buy in the first moment he test-drove a Vespa.
@RichardM: 50cc won't be enough. I am curious if you are going forward with it ;-)
@Trobairitz: You bet, Brandy. And you know well how much more fun traveling with the partner is, right!
@Circle Blue: Helmet purchase. Good sign! Let us know what's in store, and yes the number of postings and picture will likely increase.
@Gary France: Pst, Gary. That's the plan. Be fruitful and multiply ;-)
@bluekat: What's not to love? I am also working on improving my Italian ;-)
Way too cool!! Little jaunts to coffee houses and sipping espresso's on the patio sitting next to the bikes. I see it now. :)
ReplyDelete-Lori
happy days!
ReplyDeleteWow, you too are traveling in style ;-) not that you didn't do it on the bimmer but these are much cooler :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations