Pages

April 16, 2011

An Italian Affair

Ciao, Bella!

Hello, beautiful! are the first words that come to mind when looking at this svelte Italian lady. The original plan had foreseen to pick up the 2008 Vespa GTS 250 from the friendly neighbourhood dealer the day before. But then THIS happened:
So all we could do is wait another day...

Finally taking Bella home: Since I was the chosen one to ride her home during rush hour, I took the bike on a little detour, something that always seem to happen naturally when on a two-wheeler. Bella and I bonded instantly.
 Pose: inspired by bobskoot
 Nowhere station
 and the train never leaves...

Later the day it was finally hubby's turn. It was already getting dark, but we wanted the traffic to die before he hits the road. I followed him in the car protecting his (and Bella's) backside.
This is a quick shot taken through the windshield with deer on the side of the road watching him ride by.
And off he goes. Guess what: He's loving it!

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic....and the journey begins, I hope he has many many happy miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos Sonja! Give him a week and there'll be subtle (or not so subtle) hints about wanting a ride on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the stable grows. Congratulations! I'm glad those deer chose to be spectators and not participants in "hubby's" first ride. Made for an interesting picture.

    Go, go, go!
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm looking forward to more "growing" journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post, congrats to your hubby and the addition of Bella to the stable.

    It's good that you and the Italian mistress have bonded.

    Dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja, re your second picture of the snowy road conditions....they do make small sidecars for scooters you now....

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raftnn: I have never considered a Vespa for a 'journey' but it looks like we might be getting there.
    @Geoff: For now he seems happy with Paolo, let's see when he requests the swap.
    @Circle Blue: Keith, I wish the quality of the picture would have been better, but no light.
    @Lady Ridesalot: Working on it, promise.
    @Charlie6: Dom, the Vespa obviously makes the entry in the two-wheeled world easier. Martha might like it, too.
    As for the sidecar... hmmm we have enough space in the parking lot for this now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que Bella!

    I love the pic at Nowhere Station, with the wooden deck/walkway, but the whole location is a perfect backdrop for the scoot!

    Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @bluekat: Thanks Kari, I have been riding by this spot many times, but never stopped for pictures. It was the Vespa leading me there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great poses of Bella and the train yards! Scooters are so accommodating. :)

    I'm glad she found a good home with you two!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red and Italian, what a combination, next a red Ferrari ;-) or just put a little Ferrari sticker on its side.
    Congratulations and many safe miles and adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete