Pages

April 13, 2011

Sunset Ride

Nella needed fresh air, meaning her tire pressure was really low. This is when I discovered that she actually could need a good wash because my hands got all dirty in the process. But hey, what are quick wipes for (for me, not for the bike).
It's spring, babe! Let's go out for a ride. 

A brief but sweet evening ride takes me to Whitecliff Park, one of my favourite spots to watch the sun go down. A windy road leads down to the park passing multi-million dollar homes, and it could be fun if it weren't for the cagers creeping downhill.
Howe Sound before sundown
Following the rocky path into the bay.
The steps are uneven and slippery, a challenge for riding boots.
It is low tide and one can actually walk over to Whytecliff Rock without getting wet feet.
Me, enjoying the view.
Meanwhile I have added another 1,000km on Nella, the total now adding up to 6,000km, next month we will have our first anniversary, so I would say that's not a bad mileage for a recreational rider like myself.

Distance: 101 km
Weather: Sun and clouds, calm, 13C (55.4F)

16 comments:

  1. Awesome pics Sonja, especially the cherry blossom. The only thing which would have improved the picture would have been a pair of pink Crocs down by the front wheel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Geoff: Didn't know you were such a big fan of pink crocs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it. You go to some fantastic places and take incredible pictures of them. That combination is very appealing and these latest pictures are just terrific. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gary: *blushing*, thank you so much. Honestly, I just point and shoot, and sometimes the pics work out o.k. I guess mainly because the motive is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first photo! Nice.
    Whitecliff park looks like a lovely place to explore. I like the stone stairway. I'm a bit confused though. I see Nella and a palm tree...thought maybe you took the bike to Hawaii after all. ;)

    Sunset photo, Beautiful colors in the sky, and such a peaceful setting.

    Congrats on the 6,000km! I'd say that's great mileage - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @bluekat: Kari, first time around I couldn't believe it either that palm trees can actually survive in Canada, but Vancouver climate is pretty special and can accommodate tropical plant life (at least for a while).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photo set. That's a very beautiful area you're in. Your flowering trees are still that full? I guess that's what happens when you live that far north. Our dogwoods stay in bloom for a long time, but that's most of it. Looking good, and I love your ride.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely great photos! I can "smell" the spring air from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SonjaM:

    at least someone is getting out for a ride. This weekend the weather is progressing with expected sunshine and warmer temps while I am struggling with mobility issues. I can't even drive my car, I think the bike would be a huge challenge right now . . . and the Classic Bike swap meet is this Sunday in Tsawwassen

    http://www.classicbikeswapmeet.com/

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Brady: yes the trees are in full bloom, being a little late this year. Thanks so much for stopping by.
    @PatnWilton: Thanks for visiting, yes it is lovely right now.
    @bobskoot: Thanks for letting me know about the swap meet. I will proably go there. I am so sorry to hear about your flared up joints. I hope you will be better soon. It would be a pitty to have to give up motorcycling (or maybe you would have to go back to scootering?) Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great shot of the flowering tree. Are they common in Vancouver? And the stone stairs look inviting and Whytecliff Rock seems to be a nice place to spend some time. The locations in your photos seem so empty. Anytime I've been through Vancouver, it always seemed really crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @RichardM: The trees are very popular over here, so yes fairly common. Of course I always wait until the people are gone... just kidding. It's just this time of the year, and maybe the time of the day. Otherwise this park is a very popular spot and parking space is hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have to agree with everyone else, the cherry blossom is just stunning. Great pics and keep racking p those KMs

    ReplyDelete
  14. some really nice pictures Sonja, you've definitely got a "good eye" for composition and light.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Raftnn: Thanks Roger, I promise to keep working on the mileage.
    @Charlie6: The 'good eye' as you put it must be learning from others, and applying some of it right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You visit amazing places, love the first shot, nice contrasting pink and green with a touch of yellow ;-)
    Love the sunset too.

    ReplyDelete