Pages

June 10, 2011

A Lady's night out, and a mishap

Phew, just back from a business trip to Ohio, I made it just in time for the gathering at Starbucks, before the Free Wheelin' women, eleven ladies, as diverse as their bikes, headed out to Crescent Beach.
No matter what the weather looks like up in Northern Vancouver, the sun always seems to shine around Boundary Bay. The beach was empty but the dames didn't feel like walking.
We were here on more serious business! This ride-to event was a club meeting, and so our group 'invaded' a fish&chips shack (me a little later, because I wanted to take some pictures...)
Ride to eat is one motto of the club, and it's a good one, so Vita's Bar & Grill catered to our needs. Baked halibut, crispy fries, and fresh coleslaw served in news paper, just the way it has to be.
Summer trips and weekend outings were discussed, planned and decided. At dawn we mounted our trusty steeds and headed home each in different directions.

The mishap was not motorcycle related... it was pure stupidity. Back home I stumbled, and hurt my knee again, the one that got injured last year, dead on in the same spot. Now I am lying on my sofa with an ice pack, and feel the swelling coming. Darn, now I can't ride, and I can't even drive (but maybe I can still scoot around?). I still have my crutches, maybe that's a good thing...

10 comments:

  1. WHat a great looking feed! So made me hungry. Look after yourself, bummer about the knee. Hope it heals fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man! Sorry to hear about the mishap. I hope the swelling goes down and you are not out of commission for long.

    Looks like you ladies had a great ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear re your mishap Sonja, but glad it was not motorcycle-related! Get well soon and thanks for the food p0rn shot.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suddenly know what's for supper. Halibut and chips for me and a large helping of well wishes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shot with the clouds covering the sun is absolutely beautiful, maybe even better than the fish and chips ;-)

    Sorry to hear about the mishap hope the recovery time is shorter than last time. But if you are still able to scoot around maybe it won't feel so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun ride. Sorry to hear about the knee. I hope it heals quickly! That would be nice if the scooter works out - make the healing time much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the mishap Sonja - sore knees are one of the most debilitating things going. Heal quickly!

    Just have to compliment you on the 4th photo down with the back-lit silver clouds. That's a magnificent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all. Your comments are deeply appreciated. I scootered to work today, and it went well (since leg is not much used). And bonus... the knee cap is back where it is supposed to be. Looked a little funny before. I will wear a brace for a while just to remind me to be more careful with that knee of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Glad the knee is feeling better. Please pamper it and let it heal. And have the doctor check it out anyways. You pay enough for health care up there. :)

    Great trip and wonderful images. Sounds like there will be some good hi-jinks in the future. :)

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feeling better. Beautiful beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete