Pages

June 16, 2011

VIP = Vespa Ideal Parking

Usually I don't bother with finding legal parking for my Vespa, but this park actually provides a designated motorcycle parking area, actually it is ONE bike parking spot.
The park is almost empty. The Stanley Cup final game is on. I find that the colours become Paolo.
I am not a gardener myself, I never owned one, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate vegetation.

And while the Vancouver's population sits on the edge of their seats in front of their screens cheering for the Canucks I scoot along empty roads, for once safe and not constantly attacked or overlooked by cagers, and end up giving Paolo a well deserved wash.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures Sonja. Funny how Vespas just seem to make any scene look... nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw!! Out on the roads and flanked by blooming flowers. :) What a wonderful day with emptier roads and parks.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Sonja. Love the colors in the last one.

    Smart move riding while the game was on. You didn't miss much.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful with the purple flowers! The middle image would be a great brochure photo for the park.

    I garden a little...a few pots on the deck. Flowers at our house must be hardy or they don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonja

    I get the impression that you love your Vespa!

    N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos. Just hope you were home before the riots started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I love major sporting events, keeps the cagers watching them instead of clogging up the roads.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonja!

    I hope that none of your bikes nor that of Mr Bobscoot got trashed in the riots which we saw on TV last night.

    As our prime time TV announcer said, "I simply didn't think that Canadians did stuff like that".

    I always thought that Canadians were easy-going like Kiwis, only with funny accents ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. @David Masse: You are right, they are very photogenic vehicles.
    @BeemerGirl: Lori, for once the Vespa rules the road.
    @Trobairitz: Brandy, I was pretty sure I wouldn miss anything, usually when I watch hockey I fall asleep.
    @bluekat: Kari, that is all I can handle, hardy plants, and if it weren't for the caring hubby they would be dead by now...
    @Nikos: Hmmm, now that you say it...
    @Canajun: Yep, and in my area things were reasonably quiet.
    @Charlie6: Yes, lets have even more sports events, to keep the cagers of the road. I love sports!
    @BackSeatRider: Thanks for stopping by.
    @Geoff: Nobody gets into our parkade without key fob, and we have cameras all over the place, I guess my bikes are ok (I haven't looked because I needed to use the cage today...).

    As for the riots: Please don't generalize. These morons weren't Canadians or Vancouverites or Canuck fans, but a handful of organized (!!!) hooligans who used the spur of the moment.
    Believe me when I say the the people here are deeply shocked and ashamed of what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics of your scoot!!! Scoots always look wonderful when there are flowers around them. As for the resulting aftermath of the hockey game all I can say is that I am deeply disappointed in what happened & can only reaffirm what you said before, these are not fans, they are thugs/hooligans whose only agenda was committing criminal acts.

    ReplyDelete