Pages

July 06, 2011

Bella Italia - Vineyards by Vespas

Found a mouthwatering article in the New York Times: Traveling on a Vespa in North Eastern Italy. A selection of tasty pictures from the Vespa trip through Collio wine region here.
pic not mine... 
shamelessly taken from said article

Inspired by this article my dinner looked like this: Two choices of Italian cheese, hand-cut salami, Ciabatta bread, a spiced up balsamic vinegar reduction and... Tuscan wine.
And in my mind it's humming... O sole mio

Note to self: 
Save up and plan trip to Italy next year...

14 comments:

  1. Hmpf. Now I need to go to the fridge and get some salami and cheese. I'll skip the wine though for today. ;-)

    Thanks for reminding me to keep up some fun during work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like the real thing. I am not much of a one to tour in a group but if you are there are many ride tour operators to choose from. I am having fun with an absorb MP3 in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Guido, What a lovely little meal. I think I'd want to pack it along and find a quiet spot by some water to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to ride a motorcycle (heck, even a scooter) in la Bella Italia.....

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Guido: As for the wine... only a sip on a work weekday
    @Conchscooter: No tour group for me, I am individualist, and I envy you being there right now.
    @bluekat: Good idea, I will keep that in mind for next time.
    @Charlie6: One can dream...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much on wine and believe it or not am not a cheese eater . . . but, I'd love to see the scenery.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Circle Blue: Oh, Keith how do you survive without cheese and wine, I rather skip the meat and cold cuts if I would have to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like we could travel together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Circle Blue: I see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love Italian food, and bikes ocme to think of it. Your post succeded in making me hungry and now I am about to cook Linguine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the record I love food of many sorts!

    Me thinks you may have trouble riding your scooter over the waters on the way to Italy. With a large enough wine bottle perhaps one wouldn't notice so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Raftnn: Roger, I hope the Linguine were good. I love a good pasta.
    @irondad: Like a ship in a bottle, I will squeeze my little Vespa into said container, and float it across the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can only dream of scooting in Italy. My scoot would fit well over there after she is the Vino Vixen......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy. I love crusty bread and balsamic vinegar. Add in pungent cheese and I'm there. Hmmm maybe some olives....

    Great Sonja now I'm hungry and it is still early morning.

    ReplyDelete