First things first we thought, and enjoyed our brunch in the hotel restaurant with a lake view. My spinach omelet with hash browns was scrumptious, but the best feature was the homemade raspberry jam.
Around noon we (I) found it was time to hit the road. More by accident we came across Snoqualmie Falls and the homonymous town. This pretty much sums up the tour:The falls added to our feeling of wetness but the view was gorgeous. Back in the 90’s this area had been used as film set for the critically acclaimed TV Show Twin Peaks. The weather was much like in the series, creating an eerie atmosphere you can only get in Coastal Washington and Coastal BC, just right for the story line of a gruesome murder.
After visiting the proper town of Snoqualmie and North Bend, we turned around following better weather. We were doing speed limit, but quite frequently cars, semis, trucks, or RV’s pulling toys recklessly blasted by with speed way beyond. Hence, we were quite relieved that police was patrolling in many spots to keep most of the people grounded. Otherwise mayhem would have ensued.
We meandered along various parks, got into a short rain shower, but the weather continuously improved, and by the time we returned to the hotel, we had blue skies.
The rest of the day was dedicated to sitting on the patio, with a book (I am still sticking to the old fashioned paper version, while hubby is iPading), a glass of wine and a sunset dinner.
A Beach Burger and Merlot for Mr M, and Chicken Piccata with a glass of Riesling for myself. Delicious!
Tomorrow's weather forecast looked promising, and we were in good spirits while planning our route home. If only had we known the multiple challenges we would have to face the next day… (We would have stayed in bed to begin with.)
You did well with the rain and mist, from sky and falls. But I'm happy the day cleared up and provided valuable patio time.
ReplyDeleteI'm dreading to learn of the trials from the route home. But I am keeping hopes up that it was well, since you are documenting it now. :)
SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteyou are a master of suspense, making us having to wait for the next chapter. but so far looks like you are having fun relaxing
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
More good stuff. The afternoon looks really relaxing. I'm with you, I love a good (paper and ink) book. I always have one or two when I go somewhere. (I had two for Glacier). Gotta have my books!
ReplyDeleteCliffhanger I see...okay, patiently waiting for the next post :)
Sonja your pictures are gorgeous, you inspire me to get my motorcycle endorsement so I can up the cc's and do more traveling with a bigger scoot or motorcycle. It was a rainy misty day with a lot if grey in Tofino today. We stayed indoors mostly reading & watching DVDs today. Motorcycle man & I did venture out for a walk o get provisions as the minions were eating us out of house & Moho. It was a nice walk and we found a wonderful chocolate & gelato place. It seems our vacations involve a lot of great food experiences. If you get over here you have to go to Chocolate Tofino - it is heavenly. Seems everyone is enjoying themselves right now. Safe trip!
ReplyDeleteHow long must we wait? Great good pics, as always.
ReplyDelete@Beemergirl: All in all and despite the weather it was a great day with some mileage on the scooters, and patio time as a bonus.
ReplyDelete@bobskoot: It was good that we had spent the day with relaxing, we needed our full strength the next days for the things to come.
@bluekat: Kari, great minds think alike, I always carry a book. And at the hotel they actually had a library which was very nice.
@Dar: I will check out the place next time I am around. Spending the day with reading and relaxing is always good, and a misty/rainy day helps. Usually one doesn't get enough of breaks in our busy lives.
@Raftnn: Roger, I am working on it... bear with me please ;-)
ReplyDeleteNice photos of the falls. I've only seen it on packages of pancake mix.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen Twin Peaks but it looks like a nice area to visit. I think I've given up on printed books. These days, if it isn't available as an audiobook I probably won't "read" it. Paper, Kindle, iPad all too hard on my eyes.
BTW, I really like the picture of the dock. Very relaxing...
ReplyDeleteGreat post Sonja. Thanks for the food porn pictures too. Looks tasty.
ReplyDeleteIt is nice you got to see the Falls. We love their pancake mix the lodge markets in supermarkets, but haven't ever been to the actual falls.
I'm glad that you were able to relax in the sunshine in the evening.
Fabulous blog - I just leave the page permanently open as one of my iPad browser windows. My GTS is fondly remembering some day trips south of the border - too few the last two years though!
ReplyDeleteTo sum up - photography, food and Vespa ! Bravo/Brava!
Diana
@RichardM: Audiobooks, never thought of that. Smaller too, as it can be thrown on to the iPod.
ReplyDelete@Trobairitz: Brandy, no travels without good food memories, right?
@Diana: I am flattered, thank you very much. I hope to see you on the road sometime... maybe our scooters can have a chat about past road trips and adventures.
ReplyDeleteSonjaM, I think our scoots may have had a chat at the back of Urban Wasp one afternoon when I droppeid my bike off for it's major 20,000 service - or at least your husbands red GTS?. They are planning a coffee meetup early one Sunday morning! I'm hoping to get an invite - the best time to ride before most of the rolling cages are clogging the streets with their zombie occupants!
ReplyDeleteDiana