Pages

February 11, 2012

Moto Photo - #11 of 29

#11: The Urban Street Fighter

My Vespa scooter is a real urban fighter and has the battle scars to prove it. First time I met Paolo (formerly known as Agnes' bike) in the backyard of a downtown house. The little two-wheeler lived outside, but he seemed to have rather chosen this outdoor existence as a lifestyle. Immediately I noticed some nasty scratches on his right cowling, which he had received when knocked over by a careless cager told the previous owner.
Needless to say that I got smitten with his rugged looks and the gravelly voice. And the price? It was a steal, really. I had planned on fixing the dents and scratches at first but there he is, still proudly wearing his battle scars. They are part of what my scooter is: a real street fighter!

13 comments:

  1. I was told once: "Chicks dig scars", guess they were right..... :)

    Actually, is the practice of dueling scars still hold some favor in Deutschland?

    dom

    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still have some dueling clubs in university or so I have heard. It is illegal of course...

      Delete
  2. What is that old saying - "chicks dig scars"

    Paolo must believe that since you didn't try and change his looks. Badges of honor, that's what the scratches are. Paolo is such a cool color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Badges of honor... I like that (and Paolo, too). I wasn't sure about the 'daring plum' and called it 'eggplant' but I am loving it now.

      Delete
    2. You can always call it aubergine if Paolo is feeling particularly refined one day.

      Delete
  3. Vespas are just the ultimate city weapon! I loved mine in the 90s! Hmmmmmm ... that got me thinking now ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go for it. You know you want one.

      Delete
  4. I love Poalo's color! It is beautiful. Vixen has a few battle scars too. I dig a scar in a rugged handsome sort of way, it says 'dangerous' I am loving this blog challenge we are getting pretty creative. Sonja I think we need to plan for a meet-up on a sunny Friday, when its a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, that is a great idea. The island is always worth a trip, or maybe you have plans to travel the lower mainland?

      Delete
  5. Street fighter - I love it. I know what you mean. You learn to love every little blemish and scratch. It adds character. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Paolo certainly has tons of that.

      Delete
  6. Maybe he's been up Takapari Road?

    ReplyDelete