Pages

February 13, 2012

Moto Photo - #13 of 29

#13: Another rainy day in Paradise

A Sunday ride in the rain. Noon, the weather hasn't changed yet, it is still raining. I had only planned to fuel up, check on tire pressure, and then swiftly return to my book, and have a cup of tea, London Fog Special, a.k.a. Vanilla Soy Lattea, in front of the fireplace. By the time I return home the clock strikes two. Where it the time go?

18 comments:

  1. Good on ya for getting out and playing in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have preferred playing in a bit dryer environment if if would have been my choice.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Wet and dreary. I guess you guys are used to that. Hopefully it was warmer than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never get used to it, and dream of Italy... no wait, they had snow there, as well...

      Delete
  3. These bikes/scoots certainly are time machines aren't they?

    Love the photo...fog...mystery...and away we go.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. Time machine, darn I forgot they are.

      Delete
  4. Time flies when you are having fun. That is how things go, just a quick errands to fuel up turns in to a mini ride or longer. Paolo sure is photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gas station is 5 mins away... I could have been home 20 minutes later including fueling up, checking the tires and returning upstairs to my couch.

      Delete
  5. It always looks so cold on a rainy day like that. Great picture though! Your scooter makes it all look just a little bit brighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that cold, I didn't wear the liners in my summer gloves. I assume around 10C (50F).

      Delete
  6. Keep telling yourself that it's all this rain that makes it so green and pretty here. Hope it works for you because it never did for me. Hate the rain and drizzle with a passion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that mantra many times. Didn't work for me, still don't like the rain much. It isn't snow however, so I only whine a little bit.

      Delete
  7. The rain and dock and low cloud make such a stunning backdrop for the scoot - well shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I know how those quick fuel ups go. Our gas station is literally 3 blocks away, yet it can take an hour or more to gas up the bikes...hmmmm

    Good on you getting a ride in despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl's gotta do. Sometimes one has to give in, and go for a ride even when the conditions are against all odds. On the plus side... not much traffic!

      Delete
  9. Sonja - Poalo is such a beautiful scooter and the picture is outstanding. When I was thinking scooter in the beginning I looked at a vespa just like Poalo, and it was my preferred color of choice. I hear you about the rain, after scoot commuting all winter in it I have gotten over to my aversion to the wet stuff, otherwise I would only be riding in summer - lol. But I guess when you are a newb you will ride in anything, well almost anything, definitely not snow though. I am getting a little tired of the endless grey and drizzle. Again GORGEOUS picture. Poalo is so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, thanks for your kind reply. it is true that a new rider rides in any condition that is rideable, but I would love to get out and about in dry weather for a change...

      Delete