Pages

February 09, 2012

Moto Photo - #9 of 29

#9: Lili Marlene

Some of you might remember that old song of the same title sung by the charismatic German singer and actor Marlene Dietrich:
Underneath the lantern
By the barrack gate,
Darling I remember
The way you used to wait.
T'was there that you whispered tenderly
That you loved me;
You'd always be
My Lili of the lamplight,
My own Lili Marlene.

When I spotted that scooter under the lamplight, this song got stuck in my head. I hope to be able to get rid of it by posting it here.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. The colors and composition are great.

    Did you ever get the song out of your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Song's still playing in my head...

      Delete
  2. Sonja that is a beautiful picture! Wow! The song is stuck in my head now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, that would make a great desktop wallpaper photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn earworms! That was probably the first song I every knew. I can remember my mother singing it to me when I was a baby, and it has always felt special. (Mind you, she sang 'garden gate', not 'barrack gate', thus robbing the song of a bit of adult intrigue.) I love the song and now it's. In. My. Head. Too.

    Lovely image, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I must have heard the German equivalent many times from my grandma... her singing terribly off key has traumatized me for life ;-)
      Sorry for the song got stuck... hope you will be able to get it out again.

      Delete
  5. I don't remember the song, but that's a very cute little scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful song... and beautiful picture.

    "Falling in love again... "

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this photo, the scooter and the brick building background. It has a vintage feel to it.

    Can't help you with the song, I don't know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's better in the Mother tongue?

    Vor der Kaserne
    Vor dem großen Tor
    Stand eine Laterne
    Und steht sie noch davor
    So woll'n wir uns da wieder seh'n
    Bei der Laterne wollen wir steh'n
    Wie einst Lili Marleen.

    ReplyDelete