Pages

April 02, 2012

Into the Wild

The 'new me' hiking along the Gold Creek in quest of the falls.

Sunday morning, Golden Ears Provincial Park. This is how the day started, rainy, with fresh snow on the ground.
So, the vehicle of choice became the FWD, especially with the road changing to a muddy gravel pit.

The hiking trail was a mud bath, and I was glad I brought my waterproof boots. Sneakers would have gotten stuck and irrecoverably lost.
Note to self: Buy gaiters for next outing in the mud. As Keith were saying: it's all about the gear.

But the trip was so worth it. What a view, and bonus, a rainbow, and blue skies.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hike! And blue sky with lovely white clouds drifting by. Thanks for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos and, even with the morning snow, what a great day for a hike. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to mud season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud season started five months ago. You think you get used to it...

      Delete
  3. After the rains comes mud. Lots of mud. Great day for a hike though.

    I love the first picture of you walking along. It looks so serene .... just you and nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and nature... sans the wild animals ;-)

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are gorgeous pictures. I would have braved the mud, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, one gets over it. I don't even bother with shoe polishing any more.

      Delete
  5. You should put some knobblies on the Vespa.....that would be fun. Getting out in the fresh air is ever so good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knobbies on my Paolo? Over my dead body...

      Delete
  6. Ookie, wet, muddy mess...looks like a wonderful day!! Great images. Serene in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. I could do without the mud though.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful hike and photos of the scenery. I love hiking, but it's so hard to find time for it. I agree, you picked the right shoes, er boots for the job. That's quite the mucky trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the time... here's my recipe: work less, spend less time in front of a computer, and most important: hire a cleaning lady ;-)

      Delete