Honda Jazz spotted while going by.
Yesterday I had to chauffeur the better half to the airport, hence the use of the car was necessary. Paolo must have taken it the wrong way, and became all huffy and sported a flat front tire this morning, which is quite annoying because the rubber is brand new (<100 km)! I checked for punctures but couldn't detect anything. Maybe it's the valve.
Eventually I had to get going. I wasn't even thinking of taking the car (or one of the other bikes for that matter). Without further ado I went upstairs, grabbed Bella's key and took her to work and back and around the block.
It surprises me every time how different the red Vespa is. One instantly feels the 50cc's extra when accelerating. Also, Bella speaks with a 'softer voice', and is a much smoother ride. Paolo's rough character reminds me more of a plumber (Super Mario comes to mind), while Bella would be Princess Peach.Needless to say that I enjoyed riding the red beauty as much as my other two-wheeled companions. And the husband will be delighted to hear that Bella got some exercise during the week.

Bella is such a cheery red with that green background. I think I'd like a scooter for when I go out by myself with camera in hand (or tankbag!). Small, spritely, and easy to park...and quicker than a bicycle!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't do me any good to read these blogs! Just this week I've read about little dirt bikes - now I want one. Scooters - add to wish list. Could be worse I suppose...at least the big, fast bikes don't attract me so much.
I have to admit I am addicted to scooters, particularly Vespa's. They are so nimble and easy to handle (yes, like a bike, only faster and effortless). But every time I see something I find myself wanting it such has the Honda NC700X recently, and not to forget my long lasting desire for a Triumph. (Couldn't care less for sportsbikes though).
DeleteValve core. I've had two go bad at random this year. Cheap and easy fix if you have one of those little thingummyjigs to get the old one out. Very hard if you haven't.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's what I am suspecting, too. I will get that issue sorted out next weekend.
DeleteIt is good to have a spare bike/scooter. You don't realize how much until you are all geared up and can't use the one you want.
ReplyDeleteHope you get the tire situation figured out soon, but if not it sounds as though you are in good hands with Bella.
Being geared up and finding the bike doesn't work is not funny, but grabbing the keys for the other scooter in our stable (make that parking spot) was quick enough.
DeleteIt's always good to have a "spare" motorcycle or scooter.
ReplyDeletedom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
Yep, there should be multiple spares!
DeleteWow, I can say it now: It is always good to have a "spare" motorcycle or scooter. :-)
ReplyDelete~k
Welcome to the club of multi-motorcycle ownership.
DeleteAm envious of your spares in the spot (but then I might worry about the ones left behind - feeling left behind!)
ReplyDelete