We were not and used the fading light to find a place to eat. Nothing is cheap in Norway, that goes especially for food or (alcoholic) beverages.
Located in a little cobble stone side street the better half found an organic cafe catering towards 'alternative lifestyle' by offering fresh and healthy organic food choices. I opted for a leek and potato soup and a salad and a huge pot of herbal tea. It was not only reasonable priced but also delicious.
Filled up and warmed up we walked around a bit after dinner and the rain stopped eventually. The town is breathing a long history of wealth and trading. It's a pity that we don't have the time to stay for another day.
The old buildings looked well maintained (as far as we can evaluate with it being dark).
Isn't traveling fun? I only wish somebody would pay me for doing this...
What a beautiful town. I love the cobblestone streets and the colors of the houses. I assume you meant leek and potato soup?
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a travel around the world job as well...
Thanks, I meant leek. Will have that corrected.
DeleteI've been catching up with your posts. What great pics and scenery. I just love the photo of the narrow cobblestone street. Invitation to explore. Must be a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteHaha - Just read Richard's post. Everyone seems to love that little street.
Beautiful town...in any weather! Your last photo is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI love the picturesque streets!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty town. I love the last picture of you and Roland with that dramatic sky and lights in the background. Definitely a keeper.
ReplyDeleteWow, the nighttime shots are stunning! I wish I could find a way to get paid for that, too!
ReplyDelete