Our friend lives is in the middle of nowhere. The last time we visited him about ten odd years ago the roads were worse than today, and he didn't even have electricity or hot water.
We drive 26 km into the forest. The road is a mix of gravel and mud. Now we know why we rented a 4WD vehicle.
Then we reach the house in the woods.
Here's how it looked back in 2003, quite the change I would say.
And that lil' hut would be our home for the next three days.
Unfortunately the weather is changing the next day. The rainy season begins.The fall colours which will soon be gone, and everything will fade to white.
Thanks for following me on this wonderful road-trip.
Sonja,
ReplyDeleteJust back from our little road trip and getting caught up on yours. Once again, wonderful photos. I appreciate your sense of place and feeling of loss at not being able to at least know the names of the lakes, mountains, hills, valleys, etc you are passing through.
~k
Sonja
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful report with beautiful photography! And the rain season started here too...
Cesar
Wouldn't it be nice to live that far off the beaten path? What a wonderful trip. I hope the return trip to Vancouver is just as pleasant and we get treated to more beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteSonja:
ReplyDeletethose wilderness photos have a sort of BC look to them. We have travelled on many backroads in the interior and lots of gravel roads. Your photos look similar. I can't imagine living without electricity or water
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My YouTube
The end of another journey ... more great memories and fabulous photos. I'm sure your friend was thrilled that you attended the wedding.
ReplyDeleteHeavenly. The area just seems so beautiful to me. And the cottage looks perfect. Hope your return journey is smooth.
ReplyDelete