Pages

November 25, 2012

The Beauty and the Beast

We looked out of the window this morning, and guess what, it didn't rain for a change. So, after the fog and the frost was gone we pulled out the scooter and the Sportster.
The Harley still carries insurance for another two weeks, while the Vespa is insured all year round anyway.
What an odd couple.
We had 'balmy' 7C (44F). The roads were still wet, so we took it easy, especially with all the muck on the ground.
I feel like the Michelin man in all my gear but the layers, as well as the minimalistic protection through fly screen and hand guards kept me warm enough for the two hours we spent in fresh air.
We ended the ride at one of our favorite coffee shops with a (soy) London Fog for me and a Cafe Latte and chocolate cake for my better half.
Life is good.

17 comments:

  1. Good on ya for getting out, we had sunshine and 50s....and still I didn't ride. Sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is unusual for you. I guess you had other priorities (such as a honey-do/list?) today ;-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos Sonja - I especially like the "Odd Couple" and their background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I try to take pics every time I get there, and it never gets old.

      Delete
  3. They do look odd together don't they ... but kinda cute too :)

    Coffee and cake, the perfect way to end a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure you don't get to see that combination very often.

      Delete
  4. You two make such a handsome couple and I like the sportster and scooter combination together. It just goes to show that motorcycle and scooter can ride together in harmony! Love it.

    Sonja what brand of pants do you have? I like the look of them. My TourMasters are awesome, but through all the wear, tear, and abuse I put them through I am going to need to look at other ones next year. I have also lost about 30 pounds which makes them ride low and they are uncomfortable on my hips & the constant tugging them up is annoying.

    Unfortunately I didn't get out on the bike today, had to take Puppy to the vet for puppy check and last round of puppy shots. It looked like the perfect riding day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dar. We haven't been riding a lot lately so that was a nice treat no matter on which two wheels ;-)

    Mine are Joe Rocket Alter Ego. I had to go for the men's version. The lady's legs were to short and the model didn't have hip protectors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent! so hows the sporty feel (posture, ride...) with the new seat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ergonomics is indeed different with the tracker style seat. It allows a much more flexible seating position. I am very happy with it.

      Delete

  7. The Rocker and the Mod riding together, that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could have made a great tag line for this posting, too. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Ahh....50's.....sun.....almost lost memories :) Lovely shots Sonja and a day made for riding. Good on you for your 'odd' pairing. My overly-bright Helix and Dave's modified GS1150 don't always mix well in certain crowds and we're just friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to be envious of the way you are able to bring your bike or scooter or in this case both into the photo with it looking so natural. Great shots~
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I am glad you two were able to get out for a ride as well. It is nice to sneak out on those dry (but chilly) days.

    Pretty view of the lake with the bikes in front.

    A perfect way to end the ride too - warming up in a coffee shop with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Atta boy. Chocolate cake and coffee. I love a man who loves cake.

    Lovely photos. Trade places with you any day. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sonja, that scenery brings back fond memories. I'm always fascinating with how much exercise your Vespa gets when you and Roland have such interesting riding options.

    When you get a chance, tell me about your headsets, the good, the bad and the ugly. I have the same unit you and Roland are using on my Xmas wishlist.

    ReplyDelete