Pages

November 20, 2012

You will be loved!

Miss Love (I kid you not!) came into Paolo's life not long after I had put up the Vespa for sale.

I knew the looks she was giving him. 
It was love at first sight. 
It was meant to be. 
She didn't hesitate, and took him home. 
With a big happy smile on her face. 
A last embrace, a last round in the parkade for me. 
Then he was gone.
Bon voyage my little scoot. 
I'm sad.

Paolo's new Owner (Pics courtesy of Ms. L.)
The new V(espa)-Team.
 All geared up.
 And ready to conquer the world (or maybe Vancouver for starters).

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks (wiping away a tear covertly).

      Delete
  2. Boy, that was quick! Sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only up for a few days. She definitely knew what she wanted.

      Delete
  3. :( Aww... I'm glad it was short, but sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It happened too quick to hurt...

      Delete
  4. Sonja:

    WOW ! The next time I need something sold, I'll just give it to you

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky. The young lady was pretty much waiting for my ad to show up. But usually I can turn around things quickly if need be.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that was fast. it's like a band aid - pull it off fast or slow. I am sure Paolo will be happy with his new lady love but will always remember you.

    You wanna sell the Bonneville for me, you seem to have the touch..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my ad must have had a certain touch and feel ;-) and I had put a lot of pics up.

      Delete
  6. Awwwww.......

    But is Roland's scoot heartbroken at losing its mate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Bella was following around Whitey already for a while...

      I guess the red one is just happy to get more exercise now ;-)

      Delete
  7. :( Hugs

    I'm sure he'll be happy though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure he will be, the new owner really loves him.

      Delete
  8. I am sure Paolo will remember you guys fondly.

    No picture of the happy new owner?

    dom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are reluctant to have their picture taken and published in the www.

      Delete
  9. I feel quite emotional....:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... "parting is such sweet sorrow..."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why on Earth anyone would ride Burgman 400 over Vespa? Unacceptable! Sad to see you selling this little guy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the red one out for weekend-trips while Roland felt more comfy on the Burgman. There are for sure some advantages on the bigger one such as riding comfort (when 6ft plus), mileage on a gas tank, tons of storage, and not to forget the safety aspect of ABS.

      Well, at least Bella will get her exercise now becoming my commuter vehicle.

      Delete
  12. I sure it was a relief to have it happen so quickly. It is a blessing when one decides on a course of action and the stars align. The other outcome of dragging on and on and on is not a pleasant experience. To quote a cliche: I love it when a plan comes together.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Keith. It was like pulling off a band aid quickly. I am glad that it went so quickly after I had made my decision.

      Delete
  13. Sonja,

    I am sure Paolo will be loved and adored by his new owner. Its hard to justify having too many of one thing. I have been debating about my scooter now for months, just when I think of selling it I change my mind and start thinking about insuring it for winter instead of the bike and the fact that it has way better waterproof storage for transporting junk to and from work. I am also thinking about getting a larger cc scooter which might make more sense and then selling the little one. I seem to be thinking a lot about what I do need and then not sure what to do about it lately. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, decision was not easy but I hate to have things sitting araound, and not being used, hence one scooter had to go... but I will miss the daring plum colour.

      Delete
  14. Wow. And then he was gone. Most would have taken that time just to decide to sell a bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary, I am a person of quick decisions... it's a gift (and a curse).

      Delete