Pages

February 18, 2013

Dear Anonymous!

Usually I do not react to anonymous comments. Most of them only deliver spam, and are forwarded immediately into my friend Oscar's little hideaway:
However, in this case I am going to respond. Some Anonymous has left a new comment on my post "IMBC 2012 - Recap" asking for advice.

How did you install the Sena to that Nolan n104 helmet? Did you use the adhesive mount Yes! or is it possible to hook it up using the clamp mount? No! If you did use the adhesive, does it stick properly on the helmet even tho the surface isnt "glass like" on the matte helmet? Yes!
Does the boom-mike reach in front of your lips even tho the main unit is installed a bit more back than required? No, but close enough. It doesn't seem to matter, people can hear me loud and clear. If you could please inform me on these issues. I have Nolan N104 and am thinking about getting that Sena set. Some people at forums said that its impossible to hook the sena on to that helmet. It is not impossible but inconvenient. Nolan did a good job making it almost impossible to use other comm devices on the N104. I didn't care as below pictures prove, and I like my SENA SMH-10. It's the best imho.

 Positioning of the SENA on Nolan N104.
 Mounting position seen from behind.
The boom is close enough to allow proper communication.

Dear Anonymous, I hope that my amateur explanation will help with your selection. Next time that I need to shop around for a new helmet I would rather not buy a Nolan helmet but stick with SENA.

9 comments:

  1. Do you think Anonymous will be back to read your follow up? I hope so, it was a very thorough response.

    At least it wasn't the ones I've been getting lately - I keep getting spam comments that say something about "brain dead comments". I've had that one more than once, it is just odd.

    There seem to be more and more Anonymous comments lately - all of them spam, but luckily Blogger has caught 99% of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandy, if not for Anonymous, maybe somebody else will find this information useful.

    It has been annoying lately, how many spam comments are containing shit loads of stuff, pretending to reply to the posting but selling everything from wart removal to certain men's part enhancement products or on occasion but rarely also motorcycle gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ??

      finger trouble

      Now what did I say??

      Delete
    2. Nikos has left a new comment on your post "Dear Anonymous!":

      Those mics are a darn nuisance - mine sticks up my nose.

      Cardo are bringng out a new system in March

      http://www.louis.de/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10004795

      where the mic is on a fly lead and hopefully can be repositioned.

      I spent most of January trying to fit the old Cardo Scala system to various helmets in our collection (I'm getting sick of being poked in the ribs every 50m by Mrs N) - what the neighbours thought I don't know - we were sitting in different rooms wearing helmets and pyjamas trying to test the system.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Sonja:-)

      I was going to add:

      Results not brilliant as apparently the 2 way intercom only works properly in the presence of high background noise....too cold to go riding in pyjamas....

      Delete
  4. More are arriving here as well. The Blocker was doing such a good job I got complacent and see that some (more well done?) sneak through.

    Well I learned something at least. So far, I've not done sound in or around my helmets, still could happen though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice response to a spam comment. I had heard that the Sena couldn't be clamped to the Nolan N-102. But I didn't have any trouble and I didn't have to use the glue patch. So if I change to the N-104 I'll be able to use it on that helmet.

    Thanks Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deluge of anonymous Spam is one of the reasons I decided to leave Blogger. At least that was a good anonymous comment. You answered it well!

    ReplyDelete