We went to see what the this rodent is talking about and look what I found:
After the fog was gone, Groundhog Day turned out to be a lovely day with temperatures well over 10C (> 50F).
Besides my usual bird watching activities, I had the rare opportunity to capture a harbour seal that was as curious about watching us.
I was tempted to get out the scooter for a quick ride around the block but it didn't happen thanks to a pinched nerve in my back which was bothering me for the last two days. So I walked, and it simply felt good to be outside.
No problem with Spring coming early this year!
Yay, nice to see the weather starting to get nicer for you, 10ºc is actually quite respectable. I'm sure you'll be able to ride soon!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your back tho Sonja, I get that pinched nerve thingy sometimes too, goes all the way down my leg and I know it's not fun. I find that walking really helps it, so as well as getting out on a nice day and seeing some lovely sights, you were doing your back good :)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos, I wish I could see seals like that, they are one of my favourite creatures (I have a lot of favourite creatures).
Sonja, Spring Does appear to be right around your corner and I'll guess that you're ready for it!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Sonja. Come on spring! I am glad you got out for a walk in the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteWe've been having lingering fog in the mornings but some sun late in the day just before it goes down.
Yippee! Lovely photos...hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind Sonja but am hoping Chuckles of CT is correct! I mus really pay attention o the details of these rodent prediction events....if its overcast, do they provide shadow inducing lights?
ReplyDeleteGood pics btw, especially the birds
It looks like spring is already there! I don't see 2 feet of snow or a foot of ice on the water. It's spring..
ReplyDeleteSonja, I'm hoping the rodents are right though today was beautiful with big, fluffy flakes of snow falling and temps that were bearable here ... no open water for us though. The days are getting noticeably longer. Great pics.
ReplyDeleteI nearly choked with tears when I saw the photo of what looks like magnolia buds...oh... :*^ (
ReplyDeleteAnd yesterday the tee vee weather person here said "finally winter has settled in." Can you imagine that? Neither. Can. I.