After seeing the bike on pictures I had sent him, the gentleman confirmed with great confidence: "No problem. You will be on the road in no time." He had the same positive vibes that we got to appreciate when dealing with the Vespa shop to get Roland's scooter certified as street-legal.
A couple of days later the shop called to arrange for pick-up. Since our garage is in a small alley with limited access for a bigger vehicle I put my Rover on display along the main road of our town (there is only one through road). I tell you, my bike was quite the eye catcher in the evening rush hour. A few minutes after I had parked Rover a Merc Sprinter arrived, and then the Sporty was skillfully loaded and tied down in the back of the van by the shop owner and his wife. I handed over the documents and keys to the lady ("My wife does the admin stuff..."), and we chatted a while about their business, motorcycles and traveling as such. I am pretty sure that Rover will be in good hands.
Come on, come on Everything goes
'Cause sometimes Anything goes
When you're looking at me
And sometimes Everything goes.
(Lyrics quoted from Everything goes - Natalie Imbruglia)
***
***
Rover hat einen Termin beim "Doktor"
Kürzlich wurde mir von der Zulassungsbehörde eine spezielle Werkstatt für amerikanische Motorräder empfohlen. Das Gespräch mit dem Chef von Hawg Supply verlief äußerst positiv. Er ist sehr zuversichtlich, dass er meine Sportster modifiziert und zugelassen bekommen wird. Seine Einstellung und die angenehme Unterhaltung hat mich überzeugt, dass dieses Unternehmen der richtige Partner für das Projekt "Rover's Immigration" sein wird. Ein paar Tage später rief er an, um einen Abholtermin zu vereinbaren. Da meine Garage in einem Hinterhof mit beschränktem Zugang liegt, stellte ich Rover schon mal an der Hauptstraße ab. Das Mopped wurde im Feierabendverkehr doch glatt zum Publikumsmagnet. Kurze Zeit später fuhr ein Mercedes Sprinter vor und der Chef und seine Frau luden zusammen das Bike auf und die Chefin nahm Schlüssel und Papiere an sich. Die Zuversicht und der Elan dieses Familienbetriebes stimmt mich sehr positiv. Ich werde berichten...


Wow! Rover even got to ride in the ambulance....
ReplyDeleteI hope things go well with this shop.
Sonja:
ReplyDeleteIt would be great if Rover could be ridden home after passing inspection. Maybe even before the weather turns much colder
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
lovely! im sure the wait is close to over.
ReplyDeleteRover roving Germany, can't wait to see the black one in your travel photos....not that there's anything wrong with that orange one. :)
ReplyDeleteLooking promising Sonja! Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteBin gespannt, wie es weitergeht. Aber es wird weitergehen :)
ReplyDeleteCooler neuer Header ... *like*
Soon...... Rover will be back and race ready.
ReplyDeleteI really like that first picture. The colors are dramatic and it looks perfect with the building and street behind Rover.
Thanks guys! You help by keeping your fingers crossed...
ReplyDeletethat first picture truly is nice, I take it as a good omen for Rover's fate.
ReplyDeletedom
I feel a celebratory Torte coming on....
ReplyDelete