My favourite backroad
I really enjoy my new and improved view from the handlebar.
***
Feierabendausritt mit Rover
Heute habe ich mal früh Schluss gemacht und mir einen ersten Feierabendausritt mit meiner Sportster gegönnt. Es ging wieder auf meine Hausstrecke (ca. 70km). An Fotos habe ich dieses Mal kaum gedacht, das Fahren war wohl wichtiger…



Ah yes, the "long ride home".......turning a normal commute into an event that is enjoyable....
ReplyDeleteDom, I knew you'd understand...
DeleteEven on my little scooter every day was a good day. At least it seemed so.
ReplyDeleteThere is truth in the saying "Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul.", Martha. Scooter or motorcycle, just the same.
DeleteI think I want to call it a day too but it's still before noon, sigh…
ReplyDeleteNo wind screen!
Richard, you're the first to notice. I haven't decided yet if I am going to remount it. I even consider removing the crash bars. I love a slim look.
DeleteSonja:
DeleteI would never ride without some sort of windscreen. Too many things get thrown up from the cars here, plus rocks from those big trucks could kill you. Plus more fatigue in the wind or at high speed. Crash bars would save your bike or legs if you had to skid . . . I think those are safety items
bob
A weekend photographer
Bob, a windshield will not really protect you from the kind of debris I encountered four years ago. The plywood board that had hit me just cracked the shield open, and got splinters flying.
DeleteFatigue is not a problem for me, on the contrary I appreciate the passive workout, and build up muscles just by holding on to the handlebars.
Sonja:
ReplyDeleteas I look at your first photo, I started to daydream. We have daylight savings time this weekend which means more light at the end of the day. I was nearly thinking of getting insurance . . .
see what you've done now ? I am hoping that Winter is OVER
bob
A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast
Glad I could be of help, Bob! Get the insurance and get on your bike. Season's awaking.
DeleteAfter the week I've had I need some throttle therapy, but am holding off for awhile longer I want to get a Big Bang for my buck insurance wise this year. Beautiful pics Sonja! I want to come and visit!
ReplyDeleteDar, BC insurance… I have all my vehicles (car and bikes) insured for the same price than what the insurance for my Harley alone had cost for a six month period in BC.
DeleteGood for you Sonja.
ReplyDeleteDry roads ......... what are those? :-)
PS - I love having no windscreen. No buffeting the helmet around, just clean wind.
Brandy, that is true. Less buffering, and it builds up muscle, too.
DeleteYes, stopping to get out the camera can become a drag when you're so enjoying the ride! One or two shots maybe... Someone once said that you don't want to get into the habit of seeing the earth we live on through a camera viewfinder - see it for real with your own eyes and memorize it for those dreamy days in the future! Talking of which - the sun is out, the sky is blue, my bike is waiting, the day is new! See you...
ReplyDeleteWalter, building up memories, that's what it's all about. Then again, should Alzheimer kick in one day, some pictures might be nice too ;-)
DeleteHave a wonderful riding time and go hit some memorable roads and scenery.
Your perfect Sportster reminds me of another mid size cruiser that I had adapted until it met my needs perfectly. Better tires, brakes, more comfort, a sweetly tuned 1400 and the smooth airflow of a Memphis shades screen. I put 40,000 km on it in a few years and foolishly traded it on a two wheeled disaster in a moment of weakness. The worst was when I spotted a sweet looking and sounding 1400 Intruder a few years later which I admired until I realized it was my old bike. Ah….lost love.
ReplyDeleteDavid, given you history supports my thoughts of never letting go of my Sporty. It will be getting customized to (my) perfection, and I plan on keeping it as long as I ride.
DeleteWe are all envious of your season Sonja. Enjoy ... don't stop, don't worry.
ReplyDeleteKaren, I am not going to, unless I get stopped...
Deletei liked your bike.
ReplyDeleteYeah, me too.
DeleteGeht mir irgendwie immer so. Erst am Ende der Tour fällt mir ein, dass ich noch ein Bild brauche :)
ReplyDeleteIch mag Foto #2