Three years and 10,000 clicks later. It's raining again. A different look, a different garage, a different country, a different continent even. Still very fond of you. You don't look a day older (though you really need a bath). I brought you an anniversary gift, a custom made frame bag from Rarebag.
Happy Anniversary, little big one!
| First encounter |
![]() |
| Before - After |
| Prettier than ever. |
| Rarebag frame bag |
***
Sporty Jubiläum
Es geschah an einem regnerischen Sommertag im Juli 2011. Damals sahst Du noch anders aus, aber ich erkannte Deine innere Schönheit und Dein Potential. Es war Liebe auf den ersten Blick. Als wir uns das zweite Mal trafen, war ich bereit, Dich mit nach Hause zu nehmen.
Drei Jahre und 10.000km später. Es regnet wieder. Du siehst anders aus, stehst in einer anderen Garage, in einem anderen Land, bist sogar auf einem Kontinent gelandet. Ich finde Dich immer noch toll und Du siehst keinen Tag älter aus (aber Du brauchst mal wieder dringend ein Bad.). Ich bringe Dir ein Jubiläumsgeschenk, eine handgefertigte Rahmentasche von Rarebag. Herzlichen Glückwunsch, mein Kleiner!

I don't recall seeing a profile shot of the Sporty after you'd made the changes. It's amazing what a difference a set of fork gaiters and a new seat can make to the look of the bike. And the new frame bag is pretty nice too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Canajun. I was hoping that the relative small changes would have a big impact.
DeleteLooks great Sonja, perfect for touring and hooligan activity alike. BTW, I will be in your old country next month enjoying the charms of the Rocky Mountain railway and then on to Alaska!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your summer!
Hello Geoff, long time no read. Thanks for stopping by. I am sad that we won't get to meet. Enjoy your trip. And maybe next time let us know when you are in Europe. Maybe we can have a get together somewhere.
DeleteI really like what mods you have done Sonja. Looks so much better than a stock Sporty.
ReplyDeleteHere's to many more happy years of riding.
Thanks Brandy. You may notice that there is still a slight resemblance to a certain Triumph model I had in mind.
DeleteHappy motoversary...the frame bags, though stylish, just won't hold enough I think (snickered the big bag lady1)
ReplyDeleteKaren, I travel light, and rain gear and a credit card will definitely fit in ;-)
Delete