Pages

August 10, 2014

Pass-ed out!

(Blog title curtesy of Nikos)


A day as best as a riding day can get: Fair weather, temperatures between 18 and 26C, traffic almost non existent, pretty bikes and three mountain passes to conquer:

Grimsel Pass - 2,164m



Furka Pass - 2,429m

Susten Pass - 2,224m

The epic 230km roundtrip with six hours of saddle time left us breathless, speechless, and in awe, but see for yourself... I am going to let some more pictures do the talking.

The round-trip

***

Ausge-passt!
Es war der perfekte Motorradtag. Super Wetter mit Temperaturen zwischen 18 und 26 Grad, wenig Verkehr, schöne Moppeds und drei Bergpässe, die auf ihre Eroberung warteten.

Grimsel Pass - 2,164m
Furka Pass - 2,429m
Susten Pass - 2,224m

Eine grandiose Tour von ca. 230km mit sechs Stunden im Sattel, die uns atemlos, sprachlos und staunend machte. Daher lasse ich diesmal Bilder sprechen.

36 comments:

  1. Wow, just WOW. Sonja they say that Jealousy is a sin, well I'm sinning my ass off right now and frothing at the mouth. Those piccies are eye watering. You lucky devils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chill. Best you come and get some of it for yourself.

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful! What a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Sergei. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!!!! Leaves me breathless! That must have been quite a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, you just got your own great ride in. Wanna swap one day?

      Delete
  4. All I can say is WOW! Fantastic photos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, we were in rider's heaven that day.

      Delete
  5. Outstanding photos and panos! I'm a sucker for mountain peaks in the background of photos.....as you well know. Do you think you'll revisit when there's snow on the peaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, not sure which passes might be open once snow's back on the peaks but we sure consider revisiting.

      Delete
  6. Sonja, you DO know how to enjoy your road trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, we sure have learned how to do that very quickly.

      Delete
  7. Just incredible Sonja!! What a day!! What a ride!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't get much better than this, Coop.

      Delete
  8. Du solltest Postkarten-Fotografin werden :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na, Du bist lieb. Sind noch nur Schnappschüsse. Aber manche sind ganz schön geworden, woll?

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It was, Karen, and not because of the height ;-)

      Delete
  10. Sonja:

    Wow, too. You are so lucky to be so close

    bob: riding the wet coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, we scoop up every little detail to compensate for the fact that we are missing Canada so much.

      Delete
    2. Sonja:

      I don't think there is anyplace in Canada which has roads like those. I can only look at photos as I can't ever imagine riding them myself

      maybe one day you could live half a year in each Country

      bob: riding the wet coast

      Delete
    3. That is true, Bob. Half a year in each country might be an option for the future...

      Delete
  11. So much awesome in one little post.

    Stunning photographs. Time to start your calendar now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start at least a virtual one ;-)

      Delete
  12. Sometimes there are no words to describe the...yes- the stunning beauty of the mountains. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heike, I am glad you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy your travels.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope it gives you all the right ideas ;-)

      Delete
  14. I wanna ride with you - this looks great! A fulminantic adventure. Even more for a photograph-girl, me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heike, any time... in your neck of the woods or mine.

      Delete
  15. Sonja, what was I thinking dragging you guys down to boring old Tuscany?

    Holy crap!!! Now that's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not boring, David, different. In a good way. Last time we blasted through Switzerland to get to Tuscany. This time we simply stopped to smell the roses...
      Whenever you're ready... the passes are obviously rideable by Vespa, q.e.d. ;)

      Delete
  16. I wept with joy at the beauty of it all!

    AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, THRILLING!

    You are so blessed to have places like these to visit, much less to ride in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, we make the best out of being were we are now ;-) And it is great to have such splendid scenery just around the corner. Live is good, eh?

      Delete